Open Space and Mountain Parks
Boulder's Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP) are a very special place. The open space lands teem with native plants and wildlife and are home to threatened and endangered species. They serve as a buffer between Boulder and nearby development. They sustain agriculture uses and add untold benefits to the natural environment - clean air, water, and earth.
The lands shape the urban mosaic of the Boulder Valley and provide residents with passive recreation opportunities. Trails are used by walkers, hikers, bicyclists, horseback riders, dog walkers and other passive recreational uses.
- Muddy trail closures: Please check the trail map or temporary closures page for any muddy trail closures.
- Centennial Trailhead closed Jan. 23: The trailhead will be closed 6 am-12 pm for maintenance. Trails in the area will remain open.
- Gregory Canyon Trailhead closed Jan. 29: The trailhead will be closed 6 am-12 pm for maintenance. Trails in the area will remain open.
- NCAR-Skunk Canyon Trail closed: The trail will be closed December 1, 2018 to January 31, 2019 because of Xcel electric construction work. This closure will be in effect 24 hours a day.
- East Boulder/White Rocks Trail bridge closed
Integrated Site Projects: OSMP is currently developing Integrated Site Projects (ISPs) for several specific OSMP locations, including the Wonderland Lake area and OSMP's Gebhard property on the South Boulder Creek corridor southeast of the East Boulder Community Center. Learn more about the ISPs.
OSMP administrative offices have moved: The offices relocated to 2520 55th St. in Boulder.
Purchase OSMP annual parking permits online: Visitors whose vehicles are registered outside of Boulder County can now purchase OSMP annual parking permits online. Learn more about parking permits.
Featured Projects & Pages
OSMP will host two community meetings to receive community feedback for the following two ISPs: Wonderland Lake on Jan. 15 and Gunbarrel Hill on Jan. 23.
OSMP administrative offices have relocated to 2520 55th St. in Boulder. View more information, driving directions and regular office closures.
Learn about the OSMP Master Plan, what we've heard from the community so far, what's ahead and how you can get involved.
Information on how to register for the Voice and Sight Tag Program or renew your dogs' Voice and Sight Tags for 2019.
OSMP is committed to working with other city departments, Boulder County and other partner agencies to advance regional trail connections.
Open Space and Mountain Parks provides free environmental education programs for schools and community groups. Learn more and request a program.
Interactive Trail Map