Free bicycle parking racks are provided throughout the City of Boulder. Park your bicycle in a designated bike rack whenever possible.
- On the Pearl Street Mall, park in the designated bike racks at the perimeter of each block.
- It's illegal to lock your bike to trees, fire hydrants, or handrails, or to leave it locked in a public location for more than 12 consecutive hours.
- While the city provides some bicycle parking in the public areas of the downtown commercial district, property owners also are required to provide adequate bike parking for their buildings.
- Spruce Street parking structure at Spruce and 11th streets;
- Pearl Street parking structures at Pearl and 15th streets; and
- Walnut Street parking structure at Walnut and 11th streets.
Did you know that more than $500,000 worth of bicycles are stolen in Boulder each year? Approximately 300 bikes are recovered each year, but if the bikes are not registered, they are generally unrecoverable. Registering your bike will help the police return your bike to you if it is stolen and recovered.
University of Colorado
Registration costs $10 (you don't have to be a student). Call 303-735-2705 or visit the University of Colorado Police Department (UCPD) website.
City of Boulder Police Department
Registration is free. For more information, visit the Police Department bike registration Web page or call 303-441-3300.