Summer Camp 2020
Please keep in mind that camp will look very different this summer as we follow the updated rules, regulations and restrictions required by the State, County and CDC. We ask for your support and assistance in navigating these throughout the summer, understandin these may change as well.
The South Boulder Recreation Center will be our camp hub and is the only in-house camp we are currently offering. Because of the group size restrictions, there will be limited spots available to campers. During the month of June, we will assess the need for childcare and, if we are seeing an increased need, we will consider opening additional locations. To help us accurately assess that need, please be sure to put your child’s name on the waitlist for any weeks you wish to register if the camp is already full.
Camp Dates + Details
June 8 - Aug. 14
Registration is for one-week sessions, Monday through Friday, from either 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. OR 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We are currently not accepting part-time registration.
As we implement protocols to support physical distancing requirements, camp times will assist us in an efficient staggered drop off and pick up. Additionally, there will be two different drop off locations– please notice which time and location you are registering for.
Online registration is open.
Upon registration, you will have the option to set up a payment plan. A $75 deposit will be required for each week of camp for which you register. The balance will be due two weeks prior to the start date of camp.
A credit card will be required on file and payments will be automatically deducted on the day they are due.
We will be offering financial aid to anyone who qualifies. Please send all financial aid applications to [email protected] . Applications take some additional time to process, so please complete these forms as soon as you can.
What if my child(ren) was already registered for a BPR Camp?
If you were already registered for a camp this summer, you have been withdrawn from the camp and a credit will be put on your account. This credit can be used towards payment for any new camps or future registered programs. Please see attachment for more info on how to use the credit on your account. If you prefer a refund, please fill out a refund request form by May 29. Please note that refunds may take up to four weeks to process. Refund requests after May 29 will incur a $5 processing fee.
How camp will look different this summer to help keep everyone safe?
Due to COVID-19, camps will look very different this summer. These changes all follow CDC, federal, state, local and licensing requirements to help keep everyone healthy. Below are some examples of what our camps will look like this year, although additional protocols may apply. These guidelines are provided by the state and are required of anyone offering childcare/camp.
- A max of 10 youth in each group with two staff. These groups will stay the same each day, and the majority will stay the same the entire week. Social distancing in a childcare situation is considered 3 to 6 feet, so activities will be created and chosen to keep that distance.
- Staff and campers 12 and older will be required to wear masks (unless an exception is required).
- There will be an increase in disinfecting surfaces and hand washing required by everyone in the building multiple times a day.
- Each day, camper groups will be based in one room/group.
- We will have rotations for various activities throughout the day, including plenty of time outside.
- Any shared spaces (e.g., the gym and bathrooms) will be disinfected between each group.
- As of now, swimming will not be an option for camps this summer. This could change later into the summer depending upon state guidance for future recovery phases.
- The camp will be site-based with no field trips. As the summer goes on and restrictions change, we may be able to add some off-site activities.
- Kids in the same group can share equipment, so we will still be able to play a lot of fun games. We are busy planning out daily schedules and games to keep our campers having fun and enjoying their day, even with the additional restrictions.
- We will have screening questions for guardians and temperature checks for campers at drop off. Staff are also screened each day.
- Parents will not be able to enter the building.
- We will have staggered drop-off and pick-up times to ensure social distancing requirements.
If you are registered for a contracted program please contact the contractor directly for an update on their summer plans.
- Adventure camps provided by Coyle Outside- Dan at 541-760-0774 or [email protected]
- Dance Provided by Kinesis Dance Company- KinesisDance.com
- Drama provided by Miss Joanie Drama Camps- MissJoanieDrama.com or call 303-902-9106
- Sailing and Windsurfing Camps provided by community sailing-CommunitySailing.org
- Skyhawks Sports- 303-222-8039
- Tennis Camps by Gonzo- Gonzo at 720-480-0249 or [email protected]
- Climbing provided by BRC- BoulderRockClub.com or call 303-447-2804
- Biking Provided by Avid 4 Adventure- Avid4.com or call 720-249-2412
- Pottery camps provided by studio arts boulder- email [email protected] or call 720-379-6033.
- Play-Well Teknologies- 512-757-4371 or [email protected]
We greatly appreciate your patience with us as we navigate these uncharted territories. We hope to see you this summer!
COVID-19 closures and cancellations
Boulder Parks and Recreation is working hard planning for the return of recreation facilities and programming.
For questions about camp, email [email protected] .
Camper paperwork will now be through an online system called EPACT. Once registered you will be prompted to fill out the paperwork from EPACT all online. Once your paperwork is in our system you will not have to fill it out again!
We will be offering CCAP to all qualifying participants for our school day off camps, please contact Molly Langerak for more information: 303-413-7441.
Inclusion support, scholarships and financial aid
New For 2020 Summer Camp! Kidz Kamp is now offering payment options to make camp even more accessible:
- Camp fees for all selected weeks may be paid in full upon registration.
- You can register on a week-to-week basis (depending on availability). Payment is due in full 15 days prior to camp start date.
- You can register for multiple camp weeks and secure your space by paying a $75 per week deposit. Camp balances are due in full 15 days prior to each camps start date. For drafted balances, YOU MUST provide an approved debit or credit card for scheduled balance payments. The $75 per week deposit will be applied to the weekly camp balance owed.
- All camp fees must be paid in full 15 days prior to camp start date.
CANCELLATIONS: If cancellation is received at least two weeks prior to the camp start date, a refund for paid camp fees minus $15 per week will be granted. No credits or refunds without a two week written notice. No refunds will be given if there is a balance owed for any additional Boulder Parks & Recreation registered camp programs.