Community, Culture & Safety
2017 CCS Projects
On Nov. 7, 2017, Boulder voters approved two ballot measures to extend the Community, Culture and Safety (CCS) Tax for Capital Improvements. This four-year extension of the 0.3 temporary sales tax originally approved in 2014 will fund several important city facilities and infrastructure projects. It will also would provide matching funds for a number of community nonprofit facilities.
Community members are invited to read an update on project progress.
2014 CCS Projects
The first Community, Culture and Safety tax was passed in 2014 and expired at the end of 2017. Several projects are complete. Those projects not yet complete are still in development phases for various reasons, including the need for all funds to be finalized at the end of 2017 before proceeding or for scheduled matching funds to be delivered to the projects to move forward.
- Boulder Creek - Arapahoe and 13th Underpass
- Boulder Creek - Eben G. Fine Park Stream Bank Restoration
- Boulder Creek - Path and Lighting Improvements
- Chautauqua - Pedestrian Safety, Access and Lighting
- Chautauqua - Phase 1 Lighting
- Civic Area - Connectivity and Access
- Civic Area - Creek at the Core
- Dairy Center - Theatre Improvements
- Museum of Boulder - Museum Improvements
- Public Art Projects
- University Hill - Event Street
- University Hill - Pedestrian Lighting
- University Hill - Street Trees Improvements