City ordinances do apply in dog parks.
All dog parks are within the city limits of Boulder and city ordinances are enforced. Leash laws do apply to all areas as you approach or exit the dog parks, whether walking home or to your parked vehicle (think of your dog's safety and protection). Aggressive animals are prohibited and should not be brought to dog parks. In all areas, guardians are responsible for picking up and removing pet excrement. This is not only the law, but helps to keep dog parks clean, water sources uncontaminated, and your shoes free of unwanted smells!
It is your responsibility to respect other park patrons and their dogs. Some people may be training their dogs, some may be recovering from an injury, some may be young dogs unaccustomed to groups of dogs, etc. Regardless of fenced areas or not, you are expected to be attentive and be able to control your dogs' behavior. Dog parks not only allow social interactions between people and their pets, but also a place to train in order to safely use Voice and Sight areas in the city system. Whether it's on the trail or in the dog park, you are responsible for you and your dog's behavior.
Dog parks are free and open to the public from dawn to dusk.
East Boulder Dog Park
Fenced area for both large and small dogs. There is a concrete barrier in the lake that some dogs are able to climb.
- Large area is about 1.5 acres.
- Small area is about .45 acres.
- There is limited water access to a small lake. Water access is CLOSED due to September 2013 flooding.
NOTE: Be careful as water quality can vary. Pick up and remove pet excrement to assist with water quality issues.
Foothills Dog Park
- Large area is about 1.6 acres
- Small area is about .5 acres
Howard Heuston Dog Park
- Voice and Sight Control area is designated by yellow poles.
- The remainder of the park is leash law.
- The size of the Voice and Sight area is about 1.25 acres.
Valmont Dog Park
Fenced area for both large and small dogs.
- Large area is about 3 acres.
- Small area is about .25 acres.
- It is a dog park at Valmont City Park .
- A water spigot is available seasonally.
Dogs in city parks
Dogs are allowed in most areas of Boulder's city, community and neighborhood parks on a leash. Areas where dogs are not allowed, such as Valmont Bike Park, have signs stating restrictions at the park.