Electronic Plan Submittals
Effective October 1, 2014, Boulder Fire-Rescue will be accepting the following fire protection submittals electronically:
- Fire Sprinkler:
- Scope of Work Letters for modification to systems with 20 or fewer sprinklers.
2. Fire Alarm:
3. Kitchen Hood Fire Suppression Systems
4. Special Hazard Systems (including clean agent)
5. Retro-fit Backflow Preventers
- All – must submit estimated hydraulic supply/demand data with addition of BFP installed (typically a fire flow test is required).
Note: All electronic plan submittals shall require an electronic permit application. Email plans to [email protected]. Once a set of plans has been approved, a permit number and fee associated with the project will be sent via email. Contractors will be required to print out approved set of plans and manufacturer’s cut sheets and have on the job site at the time of inspection. Contractor’s submitting fire protection plans electronically do not need to drop off or pick up anything at Boulder Fire Department Headquarters. Once approved, contractors may go directly to city of Boulder Planning and Development Services to pay for and pick up permits.