Next Landmarks Board Meeting
The Landmarks Board meets monthly to review applications for demolition, landmark designation, and Landmark Alteration Certificates. Visit the About the Landmarks Board page for more information.
Landmarks Board Meeting
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 from 6:00 p.m.
1777 Broadway, Municipal Building, Council Chambers
1. Call to Order
2. Approval of minutes from the September 4, 2019 meeting
3. Public Participation for Non-Public Hearing Items
4. Discussion of Landmark Alteration, Demolition Applications issued and pending
- 1202 Folsom Ave. – Stay-of-Demolition expires Oct. 27, 2019
- Statistical Report for September
5. Public Hearings
A. Public hearing and consideration of an application to designate the property at 2326 Goss St. as an individual landmark, pursuant to Section 9-11-5 of the Boulder Revised Code 1981 (HIS2019-00280). Owner: Rodrigo Garcia / Applicant: City of Boulder Landmarks Board
B. POSTPONED Public hearing and consideration of a proposal to construct a patio enclosure at the Boulder Jaycees Train Depot at 2366 Junction Place, an individual landmark, pursuant to Section 9-11-18 B.R.C. 1981 (HIS2019-00133). Owner: City of Boulder / Applicant: Depot Square Owners Association LLC and John Matthews, M.A. Architects
B. Public hearing and consideration of a demolition application for the house located at 3234 10th St., a non-landmarked building over 50 years old, pursuant to Section 9-11-23 of the Boulder Revised Code, 1981 (HIS2019-00243). Owner / Applicant: Stacy Zamudio
C. Public hearing and consideration of a demolition application for the house and accessory building located at 2250 Bluebell Ave., non-landmarked buildings over 50 years old, pursuant to Section 9-11-23 of the Boulder Revised Code, 1981 (HIS2019-00238). Owner: Helmut Altschuler / Applicant: Stephen Sparn, Sopher Sparn Architects
6. Matters from the Landmarks Board, Planning Department, and City Attorney
- Update Memo
- Subcommittee Updates
7. Debrief Meeting / Calendar Check
PUBLIC HEARING PROCEDURES
Board members who will be present are:
Fran Sheets, Chair
John Decker, Vice Chair
Sarah Silver and/or Lupita Montoya * Planning Board representative without a vote
- Board members will explain all ex-parte* contacts they may have had regarding the item, if the hearing is quasi-judicial.
- Those who wish to address the issue (including the applicant, staff members and public) are sworn in, if the hearing is quasi-judicial.
- A historic preservation staff person will present a recommendation to the board.
- Board members will ask any questions to historic preservation staff.
- The applicant will have a maximum of 10 minutes to make a presentation or comments to the board.
- The public hearing provides any member of the public three minutes within which to make comments. (a) At the chair’s discretion, members of the public may pool their time provided all members of the pool are present. Only one member of the pool may speak on behalf of the pool. Maximum pooled time allowed is as follows: 2 people = 5 minutes; 3 people = 7 minutes; 4 people = 9 minutes; 5 or more people = 10 minutes. (b) Members of the public may, at the chair’s discretion, use Powerpoint, images, or handouts as part of their presentation. Electronic presentations should be emailed to the Board Secretary at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. Time limits (above) apply.
- After the public hearing is closed, there is discussion by board members, during which the chair of the meeting may permit board questions to and answers from the staff, the applicant, or the public.
- Board members will vote on the matter; an affirmative vote of at least three members of the board is required for approval.
2019 Landmarks Board Meeting Dates and Application Submittal Deadlines
|Deadline||LB Meeting Date|
|Dec. 5||January 2|
|Jan. 10||February 4|
|Feb. 7||March 6|
|March 7||April 3|
|April 4||May 1|
|May 9||June 5|
|June 6||July 3- Cancelled, and rescheduled to July 18|
|July 10||August 7|
|Aug. 8||September 4|
|Sept. 5||October 2|
|Oct. 10||November 6|
|Nov. 7||December 4|
|Dec. 5||January 8|