Next Landmarks Board Meeting
The Landmarks Board meets monthly to review applications for demolition, landmark designation, and Landmark Alteration Certificates. Visit the About the Landmarks Board page for more information.
Landmarks Board Meeting
Wednesday, December 4, 2019 from 6:00 p.m.
1777 Broadway, Municipal Building, Council Chambers
1. Call to Order
- Statistical Report for November
- 2250 Bluebell Ave. – Stay-of-demolition expires Feb. 14, 2020
A. Public hearing and consideration of Public hearing and consideration of an application to designate the property at 891 12th St. as an individual landmark, pursuant to Section 9-11-5 of the Boulder Revised Code 1981 (HIS2019-00227). Owner: 891 12th Street LLC / Applicant: Historic Boulder, Inc.
Honoring and remembering Estella Cole- postponed to January 6, 2020 meeting due to Fran Sheets' absence
- Update Memo
- Subcommittee Updates
- Annual letter to City Council
PUBLIC HEARING PROCEDURES
Board members who will be present are:
John Decker, acting Chair
Abby Daniels, acting Vice Chair
Sarah Silver and/or Lupita Montoya * Planning Board representative without a vote
- Board members will explain all ex-parte* contacts they may have had regarding the item, if the hearing is quasi-judicial.
- Those who wish to address the issue (including the applicant, staff members and public) are sworn in, if the hearing is quasi-judicial.
- A historic preservation staff person will present a recommendation to the board.
- Board members will ask any questions to historic preservation staff.
- The applicant will have a maximum of 10 minutes to make a presentation or comments to the board.
- The public hearing provides any member of the public three minutes within which to make comments. (a) At the chair’s discretion, members of the public may pool their time provided all members of the pool are present. Only one member of the pool may speak on behalf of the pool. Maximum pooled time allowed is as follows: 2 people = 5 minutes; 3 people = 7 minutes; 4 people = 9 minutes; 5 or more people = 10 minutes. (b) Members of the public may, at the chair’s discretion, use Powerpoint, images, or handouts as part of their presentation. Electronic presentations should be emailed to the Board Secretary at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting. Time limits (above) apply.
- After the public hearing is closed, there is discussion by board members, during which the chair of the meeting may permit board questions to and answers from the staff, the applicant, or the public.
- Board members will vote on the matter; an affirmative vote of at least three members of the board is required for approval.
Landmarks Board Meeting Dates
The Landmarks Board generally meets on the first Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 1777 Broadway. Meeting dates, times and locations are subject to change. See the Next Landmarks Board Meeting Agenda & Packet link on the right for information on the monthly meetings. Submitting an application prior to the deadline does not guarantee a place on the agenda at the next Landmarks Board meeting. Agendas are finalized and posted on the website 10 days prior to meeting dates. Minutes are generally available 1 month after the meeting.
|Deadline for applications||
Landmarks Board Meeting Date (regular meetings)
|Dec. 9, 2019|
|Jan. 9, 2020||February 5, 2020|
|Feb. 6, 2020||March 4, 2020|
|March 5, 2020||April 1, 2020|
|April 9, 2020||May 6, 2020|
|May 7, 2020||June 3, 2020|
|June 4, 2020||July 1, 2020|
|July 9, 2020||August 5, 2020|
|Aug. 6, 2020||September 2, 2020|
|Sept. 10, 2020||October 7, 2020|
|Oct. 8, 2020||November 4, 2020|
|Nov. 5, 2020||December 2, 2020|
|Dec. 10, 2020||January 6, 2021|
Landmarks Board Members
|Ronnie Pelusio||[email protected]||(303) 709-6569||June 2016 - March 2020|
|Abby Daniels||[email protected]||(303) 548-3520||October 2018 - March 2021|
|Fran Sheets||[email protected]||(303) 444-3037||April 2017 - March 2022|
|Bill Jellick||[email protected]||(303) 324-3666||April 2017 - March 2022|
|John Decker||[email protected]||(303) 544-1836||June 2018 - March 2023|