March 30, 2017 - April 5 Public Open House to Focus on Projects Along Central Broadway
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Gretchen King, Public Works and Planning, Housing + Sustainability, 303-441-3005
Sarah Huntley, Media Relations, 303-441-3155
April 5 Public Open House to Focus on Projects Along Central Broadway
On Wednesday, April 5, the City of Boulder will host an open house to update the public about related projects occurring along the central stretch of Broadway and to gather input about several specific projects:
- Central Broadway Planning Projects Open House
- Wednesday, April 5
- 5 to 8 p.m. (The public is invited to stop by any time, no formal presentation will be provided)
- North Boulder Recreation Center, Multipurpose Room (3170 Broadway)
The open house is intended to support coordination and planning outcomes for projects within key activity centers in central Boulder. Participants can expect a “one-stop shop” for information about a variety of projects along Broadway. Attendees will also be able to provide feedback about several specific projects, including:
- Central Broadway Corridor Design Framework – This document will help ensure planning projects along central Broadway complement each other and are coordinated to support the goals of the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan. Attendees will be able to review a draft and offer comments.
- Alpine-Balsam (formerly the BCH – Broadway Campus) – Attendees will be able to comment on draft performance criteria, which provide specific actions and metrics to achieve the site’s Vision and Guiding Principles, which have previously been reviewed by council and the community.
- Civic Area – Attendees will have a chance to provide input about the next phase of work in the East Bookend, including Public Market Hall.
Additional opportunities to provide comment on these projects will be available online and as part of future outreach events.
The open house will also provide informational updates for several other related projects, such as the Canyon Boulevard Complete Streets Study, Boulder Creek Path and Lighting Improvements, Capital Improvement Tax Renewal, and several projects on University Hill, including the Event Street and the Hill Hotel and Conference Center.
More information is available at https://bouldercolorado.gov/Planning/CentralBroadway.