Flood Recovery, Closures, and How to Help
Most City of Boulder parks are open, but a few have been impacted by the recent flooding and are temporarily closed. Please see the following list of Boulder Parks and Recreation parks that have been impacted.
Volunteer events to help re-build Boulder's parks affected by the flood.
The majority of our parks are open for use! We appreciate your patience while the few parks listed below remain closed:
Full Park/Facility Closures
- Elks Park
- Knollwood Tennis Courts
- Evert Pierson Kids' Fishing Pond
Due to the extreme stress and erosion caused by floodwaters, many trees along the city’s paved multi-use paths have sustained significant damage and are structurally unsound.
Partial Park/Facility Closures
Boulder Creek Path -- The areas of the path that are open:
- The path is OPEN from the west end of Eben G. Fine to 49th Street.
- The path is CLOSED between 28th and Scott Carpenter for a bridge replacement.
- Bear Creek Park (bridge is washed out and dangerous)
- East Boulder Community Center (lake access for dog park is closed.)
- Scott Carpenter Park (lower turf area and near creek has been cleaned up and is being sodded).
- Tantra Park (west boundary fence line along the sledding hill towards the walk way. Sink hole hazard.)
- Elmer's Two Mile Park - playground and some turf areas remain closed. Please respect closure signs.
For more information about multi-use path, on-street bike lane and underpass closures visit, http://bit.ly/1d7nnNR.
Recreation Facility Updates
The North Boulder Recreation Center gymnasium will open on Saturday, March 1.
The Father Daughter dance has been re-scheduled to April 5, 2014.
The gymnastics center at the North Boulder Recreation Center has reopened and is operating on its normal schedule.
Completed Volunteer Projects
Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers!
Thanks to all who volunteered at the Boulder Reservoir on Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013!
Thanks to all who participated in the Scott Carpenter Park flood volunteer recovery project Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013!
Thank you to all who participated in the North Boulder Park flood recovery volunteer project Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013!
Thank you all who helped restore parts of the trail systems in the natural area of Wonderland Park Sept. 25, 2013!