Sales and Use Tax
Sales and Use Tax Online Payment
It's quick and easy to pay sales and use taxes online using the city's new payment portal system. For questions about online payment, visit Sales Tax Online Filing Frequently Asked Questions .
Sales and Use Tax Division
Our main purpose is to provide customer service in order to assist the Boulder taxpaying community with sales, use and various other tax reporting requirements required by Chapters 3-1 through 3-7 of the Boulder Revised Code (B.R.C, 1981). The division provides business licensing services and collects and accounts for a variety of tax revenues.
Key functions supported by the Sales and Use Tax Staff Members include:
- Collection of sales, use and other taxes; provide tax return preparation and business licensing assistance; process and account for tax returns filed.
- Provide construction use tax reconciliation return filing support; process and review tax returns.
- Tax collection and delinquent filing processes - contact delinquent taxpayers and work with them to bring the accounts into compliance.
- Conduct tax audits - the division has an active audit program designed to educate taxpayers in order to improve reporting compliance and to recover unpaid tax revenue.
- Conduct new business reviews - an educational opportunity between the taxpayer and the City to educate and assist businesses in understanding tax reporting requirements they may not be familiar with and to answer tax related questions.
- Provide information - answer various tax related reporting and licensing questions from taxpayers.
- Provide information regarding the sales and use tax portion of the Boulder municipal code.
You may email us at: email@example.com. You may also call 303-441-3050 for general tax topics information or call this same number (then DO NOT select option 1 for touch tone) to speak directly to a sales tax staff member.