Neighborhood Parking Permit (NPP) Program - Commuter Permits
For current office procedures and updates, visit the home page.
A commuter permit allows non-residents to park on an assigned block beyond the posted time restriction. The block is chosen by the applicant based on availability. To view available blocks and permits, please view the Commuter Permit Program Availability Interactive Parking Map
First-come, first-served for Q2 commuter permits will take place on Monday, April 26th beginning at 9 am.
We are changing our process in consideration of the safety of our customers and staff due to COVID-19.To participate, please email [email protected] on Friday, April 9th at after 9 am to reserve an appointment.
The subject line of your email must say "FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED."
Appointments will be scheduled based on the timestamp that we receive your email.
A member of the Parking Services team will follow up with a confirmation of your appointment time for the 26th.
Fees and Payment Methods:
- $100 per permit per quarter.
- Accepted payments: cash, check, Visa, MasterCard or Discover. Checks payable to City of Boulder.
- A $10.00 fee will be charged to replace any lost, damaged or stolen permits.
- You can also pay online using the City of Boulder online parking portal.
- For assistance using the portal, please call or email our team.
- The Commuter Permit is a hangtag and must be hung from the rearview mirror with the block number facing out while the vehicle is in the assigned zone.
- For safety, please remove the permit while driving.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to renew on time. Renewal notices will be mailed to the address or email provided on the application.
- Permits not renewed by the deadline date will be forfeited.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to notify Parking Services of an address or phone change.
- Renewal payments may be made by mail, phone with credit card, or in person.
- Please include your renewal notice number with your payment.
- Renewals must be received by the renewal deadline stated below.
Commuter NPP Renewal Dates:
Quarter Renewal Deadline
1st (January – March) December 31st (prior year)
2nd (April – June) March 31st
3rd (July – September) June 30th
4th (October – December) September 30th
Assignments and Use:
- Permits are valid only on assigned block numbers.
- Permit parking is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Leasing a permit does not guarantee you a space on your assigned block number.
- Parking Services reserves the right to temporarily or permanently reassign any permit holder due to maintenance, construction or reorganization.
Conditions & Regulations:
- Individuals and vehicles not following these conditions are subject to ticketing and/or towing (at the owner’s expense), and/or revocation of the permit for one year.
- Parking Services reserves the right to revoke a permit for nonpayment or returned checks.
- Vehicles parked in permitted locations at the owner’s risk. Articles left in the vehicle are at owner’s risk. The City of Boulder is not liable for damages caused by vandalism, theft, driver’s negligence or acts of God, and is not liable for personal safety.
- Permits are transferable ONLY if the permit(s) is leased by a business or property manager and is part of the sale of that business or property.
- Permits cannot be resold. Property owners or property managers may reissue permits to their tenants. Property owners or property managers may be required to submit a list of the tenants to whom permits were reissued. Permits cannot be reissued for more than the permit fee.
- Anyone suspected of permit transferring is subject to revocation.