As of May 18, Boulder parking management has a stronger presence around town. We're offering parking incentives in the downtown city parking garages (see below), and ramping up to regular on-street parking enforcement operations by June 1, with a 20-minute grace period for curbside business pickup/takeout to support businesses. The public will notice an increase in parking enforcement officer presence in the parking districts (downtown Boulder, University Hill and Boulder Junction). Officers are emphasizing education and warnings about parking ordinances, as well as notifying customers about the 20-minute grace period at on-street paid parking locations to accommodate curbside pickup, takeout and delivery options at retailers and restaurants.
Parking in the city garages return to paid parking on Monday, May 18, with special rates through June 30 as an incentive (parking in the garages had been offered at no charge since March 16). Incentives for parking in city garages downtown:
• NEW weekday parking rate of $1.25/hour with no increase to $2.50/hour after 4 hours of parking, and a daily cap of $8/day.
• $3 from 3 p.m. to 3 a.m. flat rate on weekdays continues
• Free parking in the garages on weekends and holidays continues
For pressing parking concerns, please call non-emergency Police Dispatch at 303-441-3333. Overnight parking is not allowed in the garages (no parking between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m. daily), and violators will be booted or towed (B.R.C. 7-7-2) and charged. Neighborhood Parking Permit zones are enforced, please be aware of the parking signage and ordinances when parking your vehicle.
There are 10 parking enforcement officers on the downtown streets, University Hill, and the neighborhoods surrounding these destinations. Illegal parking complaints are enforced citywide.
9 a.m.–7 p.m. Monday-Saturday
- Failure to pay or display a paid receipt;
- Expired or no license plates;
- Safety Violations (i.e. too close to crosswalk, alley, hydrant)
Complaints about illegally parked vehicles
- 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, phone Parking Services at 303-413-7300.
- Other times, contact Police Dispatch at 303-441-3333.
Concerns about interaction with parking officers should be directed to Leo Pelle, parking enforcement supervisor, [email protected].