For current office procedures and updates, visit the home page.
Neighborhood Parking Permit (NPP) Program
An area with public parking limits based on the neighborhood’s particular needs. There are 3 types of NPP permits available:
- NPP Resident – Residents living in a zone can park beyond posted time restriction
- NPP Commuter – Non residents can park in a designated zone area beyond posted time restriction
- NPP Business Employee – An employee of a non residential business located in a zone can park in a designated area beyond posted time restriction
Garage or Lot Permit
Allows long-term parking, paid quarterly, at an assigned location. There are 6 downtown garages, 3 downtown surface lots, and 1 University Hill surface lot.
- Fees vary by permit type.
- Currently, NEW wait list applications for parking garages and lots are not accepted at this time. We will update the website when it becomes available.
Downtown Boulder employees can park in the garage located at the southwest corner of Alpine & Broadway at an amazing rate. Check out the Downtown Commuter Parking: Alpine-Broadway Garage Parking Coupons Application to learn more.
Downtown Boulder employees who work late hours can park at the 1500 Pearl Street garage at a great rate. Learn more at Downtown Employee Nighttime Garage Application
If you are looking for a permit for one of our sold out parking garages and/or surface lots, you can apply to be added to one of our wait lists. Wait list requests can be submitted via our City of Boulder Online Parking Portal. You can find our wait list application here . Our wait list policies are outlined below.
- 5 Permit Cap: A five (5) permit cap for any single customer on the wait list, per each garage/surface lot.
- Renewal: Wait list requires that customers periodically “renew” their place in line.
- Inactive Permit Removal: If a customer has a permit that has been unused for a period of 3 months, the customer service team will reach out to help find a product that better serves the customer's needs.
- One Wait List per Garage/Lot: There will be individual wait lists for each garage and surface lot. Customers may apply to be on multiple wait lists simultaneously.
Prepaid parking beyond the posted maximum time limit in a metered parking district. Dash Permits do not reserve a specific parking space.
This permit may be used in conjunction with:
Secure a specific parking space, series of spaces, or an entire block.
These 2 products are used for:
- Construction – related activities
- Media Events – Television, radio, musical or other media related events
- Special Activities – Specific tasks which cannot be accomplished without a reserved parking space.
Secures a specific parking space or spaces where single space meters exist. See Dash Permit for specific applications.