Street Parking & Pay Stations
Locations & Information
On-street pay station and meter parking is available throughout the downtown, University Hill and Boulder Junction areas. Most downtown, University Hill and Boulder Junction meters have a three-hour parking maximum. Longer-term pay stations and meters (4 and 10 hours) are located at 8th and Pearl streets, and on 13th and 14th streets between Canyon and Arapahoe avenues.
Pay Station/Meter Rates & Hours
- $1.25 per hour
- 25¢⁄12min · 50¢⁄24min · 75¢⁄36min · $1.00⁄48min
- Enforced: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. / Monday - Saturday
- Saturdays: No maximum
- Sundays and city holidays: Free
Note: No overtime parking tickets will be issued within five minutes of valid receipt expiration time.
Meter feeding is prohibited: Vehicles parked at a meter for longer than the maximum time posted on the meter—even if the meter still has time on it—will receive a ticket. This practice encourages turnover of parking spaces for customers, clients and visitors to downtown.
Broken Pay Stations or Meters
- If a pay station is not functioning properly, pay at the nearest pay station.
- If a meter is not functioning properly, the meter display will flash "Failed" or "Out of Order."
- Other malfunctions include meter not registering coins deposited or displaying time correctly.
- The maximum time limit on the meter is enforced even if the display is not functioning.
- We do not recommend that you park at a broken or malfunctioning meter because the problem may correct itself and the meter may begin functioning.
Please call 303-413-7300 or go to Inquire Boulder to report a "Broken Parking Meter or Pay Station".