Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor Trainings
Earn $12-$14.50 per hour serving your community by providing valuable instruction and pool safety. We're seeking a few reliable, motivated individuals to join our fun aquatics staff and provide an important service to our community.
Let us train you for the following positions:
- Swim instructor
- Deck supervisor
Call 303-413-7267 to inquire about our trainings and positions for successful candidates.
Course information, Prerequisites and Registration:
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (LGT) Courses
Not certified? No problem! Register for an American Red Cross Lifeguarding course.
Information on upcoming courses will be posted here when available.
When registering online, refer to each course code for more information and to register. Register Online.
The following prerequisites must be met before attending the first day of the course:
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final scheduled session of the course
- Swim 300 yards continuously demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing. Candidates may swim using the front crawl, breaststroke, or a combination of both, but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits or above the head.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute and 40 seconds:
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates should not swim the distance under water. Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Prerequisite testing is done by appointment. Contact Chris Lawson, Water Safety Coordinator, at 303-413-7267 or [email protected] for more information or to schedule a prerequisite test.
Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Course
- Must be at least 16 years old by the last day of training
- Ability to perform the following swimming skills: Swim-Front Crawl-25 yards, Back Crawl-25 yards, Breaststroke-25 yards, Elementary Backstroke-25 yards, Sidestroke-25 yards, and Butterfly-15 yards. Maintain position on back 1 minute in deep water (floating or sculling). Tread water for 1 minute.