Kids' Outdoor and Virtual Fun
Fall school day off camp and active fun 2020
Kids bouncing off the walls? Put that energy to good use and have some fun with BPR at a local park! Games and activities will be chosen to help keep physical distance and safety in mind. Masks will be required for both staff and kids. Program meets rain or shine! Required to quarantine or unable to attend in person? No problem – join our after school virtual class programs those weeks!
School Day Off Mondays
Spend your morning or afternoon outside at the park with fun games and activities! Camps are held in the following parks:
- Foothills Community Park
- Harlow Platts Park (near the South Boulder Rec Center)
- North Boulder Park
- Scott Carpenter Park
Weekends with BPR
Spend your Saturday morning having fun in the park!
Join our amazing camp coordinator Molly Langerak for some virtual fun! Different games and activities will occur each day helping to create some structure for the kids even when you are stuck in the house. Kids may be broken into smaller groups for a better online experience. Zoom link will be sent out before the first class.
- All participants must bring a face covering each day. We will have some single-use masks on hand as extras.
- Staff will fill our a health check form each day for each participant and use a no-touch thermometer.
- Participants may only attend the program if they are in good health and have a temperature of less than 100.4 degrees.
- Minimum 1 staff for every 10 kids.
- Groups and staff will be as consistent as possible each week.
- Staff and kids are required to keep proper physical distancing (6 feet apart).
- Everyone 11 years and older will be required to wear a mask at all times when indoors and when unable to stay physically distanced outdoors.
- When drinking or eating masks may be removed, but physical distance must be kept.
City of Boulder and Boulder County Public Health cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting procedures will be followed.
- Participants in the same group may share equipment throughout the day if needed.
- At the end of each day, the equipment will be properly sanitized/disinfected.
- If multiple groups will be using the same equipment on the same day, the equipment will be sanitized/disinfected properly between each group.
- Each participant will have his or her own set of equipment when possible.
- Staff and participants should bring a water bottle with them to programs. When drinking, ensure staff and participants will maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others.
- Groups must continue to stay separated during snack breaks.
- Before snack, all participants and staff must wash their hands.
- Proper social distancing will be maintained during snack breaks, with a minimum of 6 feet between each person.
- Staff will ensure that people are not sharing food.
- After snack, everyone must wash their hands.
- All participants are encouraged to apply sunscreen prior to attending our program.
- Staff will provide sunscreen to participants in programs more than two hours long. If participants cannot apply sunscreen on their own, staff will wear plastic gloves to apply the sunscreen.
- Staff will monitor particpants and provide additional sunscreen as needed.
Throughout the day, participants and staff must wash hands with soap and running water for at least 20 seconds. At minimum, this must occur:
- When you arrive
- Before eating
- After using the toilet
- Any time hands are visibly soiled
- Anytime you are coming from outside to inside
Paper towels will be available for hand drying, and used to open and close bathroom doors. Hand sanitizer may be available as well.
If you are registered for a contracted program please contact the contractor directly for an update on camp availability:
- Adventure camps provided by Coyle Outside- Dan at 541-760-0774 or [email protected]
- Dance Provided by Kinesis Dance Company- KinesisDance.com
- Drama provided by Miss Joanie Drama Camps- MissJoanieDrama.com or call 303-902-9106
- Sailing and Windsurfing Camps provided by community sailing- CommunitySailing.org
- Skyhawks Sports- 303-222-8039
- Tennis Camps by Gonzo- Gonzo at 720-480-0249 or [email protected]
- Climbing provided by BRC- BoulderRockClub.com or call 303-447-2804
- Biking Provided by Avid 4 Adventure- Avid4.com or call 720-249-2412
- Pottery camps provided by studio arts boulder- email [email protected] or call 720-379-6033.
- Play-Well Teknologies- 512-757-4371 or [email protected]
We greatly appreciate your patience with us as we navigate these uncharted territories. We hope to see you this summer!
For questions about camp, email [email protected] .
Camper paperwork will now be through an online system called EPACT. Once registered you will be prompted to fill out the paperwork from EPACT all online. Once your paperwork is in our system you will not have to fill it out again!
We will be offering CCAP to all qualifying participants for our school day off camps, please contact Molly Langerak for more information: 303-413-7441.
Inclusion support, scholarships and financial aid
New For 2020 Summer Camp! Kidz Kamp is now offering payment options to make camp even more accessible:
- Camp fees for all selected weeks may be paid in full upon registration.
- You can register on a week-to-week basis (depending on availability). Payment is due in full 15 days prior to camp start date.
- You can register for multiple camp weeks and secure your space by paying a $75 per week deposit. Camp balances are due in full 15 days prior to each camps start date. For drafted balances, YOU MUST provide an approved debit or credit card for scheduled balance payments. The $75 per week deposit will be applied to the weekly camp balance owed.
- All camp fees must be paid in full 15 days prior to camp start date.
CANCELLATIONS: If cancellation is received at least two weeks prior to the camp start date, a refund for paid camp fees minus $15 per week will be granted. No credits or refunds without a two week written notice. No refunds will be given if there is a balance owed for any additional Boulder Parks & Recreation registered camp programs.