Commercial Use of Park Land
Commercial use is described as: anyone who offers instruction, education, care or supervision and charges a fee. Examples of a commercial use: outdoor fitness or yoga class in a park, junior cyclocross program, summer camps or nature program. Groups must be 50 people or less so as to not over impact the area for general visitors. Fees are due within 30 days of the quarterly schedule or the last date of group use on the permit.
Disclaimer: Having a commercial permit will not exclude any general public visitors or restrict any general public visitors from the area. Example: A visitor in the park noticing a fitness group; the visitor may join the group without permission and follow along.
- Parks and Recreation Department maintenance, programs and special events will have priority for use of park areas.
- Park use is conditional based on weather conditions and maintenance practices.
- This policy does not apply to Boulder Reservoir or Valmont Bike Park.
- Commercial use in the historic area of Chautauqua is limited.
- Commercial use at any neighborhood park area on any weekend day (Saturday, Sunday) and national holidays.
- Commercial use in "pocket parks"
- More than two commercial use groups at any neighborhood park area at the same time.
- Use of any playground area or equipment
- The sale of any products on city park lands
Commercial Use Fee
The fee charged to user groups in the program are based on the number of user visits and includes the following elements:
- Park sites/times/days to be used would be identified
- Refundable security/damage deposit of $100
- Reporting and payment (if any) due within 30 days of the quarterly schedule or the last day of group use on the permit
- Required reporting includes Location, attendance per day/time and programs/class types
- Voluntary reporting of pricing and revenues earned
Fee Tier per Quarter Minimum User Visits Maximum User Visits
Flat Fee Quarterly
Tier 1 50 250 $50 Tier 2 251 500 $250 Tier 3 501 1000 $500 Tier 4 1001 2,000 & over $750
Your request is reviewed by a group of program managers and may take up to 30 days for the review process. A new request is needed each year and Liability Insurance proof Commercial liability insurance is required. You will need to provide proof of your City of Boulder Business License.