Eben G. Fine Park and Boulder Creek Path Flood Recovery Volunteer Project
Thank you to all of our wonderful volunteers!
Thank you Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado, AmeriCorps NCCC members and the wonderful groups and individuals who came out to volunteer! More than 300 participants volunteered on Friday, Oct. 18 and Saturday, Oct.19 for the flood recovery projects at Eben G. Fine Park and the Boulder Creek Path, logging in a total of 1,000 volunteer hours! Highlights and accomplishments, include:
- Assisted with the removal of debris from the stream edge of the Boulder Creek path from Eben G. Fine Park to the Boulder Public Library civic area.
- Two truck loads of tree limbs from the collected debris were shredded and spread along the creek path.
- Loaded brush and debris into trucks and spread 30 cubic yards of trail surfacing along the edge of the creek path.
- Completely restored the bank at Eben G. Fine Park.
- General cleanup of the playground at Eben G. Fine Park.
- Spread 215 cubic yards of wood chips in the playground.
Eben G. Fine Park is now open thanks to the efforts of these volunteers!