Foothills Community Park
COVID-19 closures and cancellations
Dashboard of facility status that shows facility and amenity closures and re-openings.
Foothills Community Park is an 65.2 acre park located in North Boulder featuring a wide range of facilities and recreational amenities including access to OSMP trails, unique playgrounds and a variety of fields for programmed sports. Sledding on the grassy areas is approved.
Foothills Community Garden
Scope of Work
- Replace 50 community garden water hydrants
- Replace irrigation mainline and laterals
- Minor path and sidewalk repair
- Project should be complete by the end of February 2017
The gardens will be closed throughout the construction period with intermittent path and sidewalk closures.
*Please Note: Dates are tentative. All park construction and restoration project dates are subject to change due to weather conditions, contractor schedules and material delivery. Updates and progress reports will be posted on the Parks and Recreation website as available.
Flood mitigation and trail options
The city is currently exploring flood mitigation and trail options for the upstream reach from Upland Avenue through Violet Park to the west of town. The city will complete a Community and Environmental Assessment Process (CEAP), to evaluate the various alternatives available. As part of this effort, the Parks and Recreation Department will be evaluating concepts for Violet Park and potential impact on future development of Foothills Community Park.
Prairie dog information
Foothills Community Park provides a variety of opportunities for children to interact with nature and features that simulate nature including:
- Art structures throughout the playground
- Polar sundial
- Rock wall
- Artistic designs in the sidewalk
Families can also easily access OSMP trails from Foothills Community Park, which provides a more unstructured form of nature play.
Shelters A and B are in the same area. Shelter A is south of Shelter B. Shelter C is adjacent to the playground. The smaller shelter near the top of the rock slide is not available for reservation. It is considered community use for the playground area.
We strongly recommend visiting the park prior to making a reservation.
Foothills Community Shelters at a Glance
Large Groups - Renting two or three shelters at once
Groups with 51 to 100 people are required reserve shelters A and B. Groups between 101 and 250 people are required to reserve all three shelters.
The maximum group size for this park is 250.
Bus and Bike Routes
- Wasteless Parks
- City Dog Parks
- Columbia Cemetery
- Community Gardens/Garden Plots (Growing Gardens and Cultiva)
- Expansion of Boulder's Smoke-Free Area
- General Park Rules and Regulations
- Healthy Parks Healthy People
- History of Boulder Parks and Recreation
- Map - Parks and Facilities
- Nature Play
- Park & Facility Construction Plans & Updates
- Park and Facility Amenities
- Park and Shelter Rentals
- Park Maintenance Service Request
- Park Memorial Donations
- Parks and Recreation Regulations, Policies and Permits
- Performances in the Parks
- Temporary Art Permit Application
- Urban Forestry
- OSMP Trail and Area Closures