Harbeck-Bergheim House Public Meeting No.1
Thursday, July 12, 2018
5:30 - 7 p.m.
The Academy Senior Living
970 Aurora Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302
(Entrance on 10th St)
The MOB has announced plans to vacate the Harbeck-Bergheim property as they transition to their newly renovated building in 2018. Once vacated, the house and surrounding property will require currently unfunded annual operation and maintenance to be a proper steward of the historical asset.
While the community anticipates the museums move this summer, staff continues to explore options for the future use and ownership of the home with the following objectives:
- Incorporate a long-term solution for the future use and ownership of the Harbeck-Bergheim House that maintains the historical and vibrant integrity of the landmarked property.
- Develop the long-term strategy in consultation with key stakeholders and the Boulder community.
- Determine the long-term sustainability of the most appropriate solution with support from the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, City Council and additional internal stakeholders.
- Guide identification for the most successful long-term solution through continual alignment with the mission, goals and objectives of the Boulder Parks and Recreation department and Master Plan.
- Inform the community, internal and external stakeholders, as appropriate, to build awareness around how feedback may be incorporated throughout the engagement process, measuring success and outcomes.
Please join us for a short presentation and discussion about the possibilities of future use and ownership of the historic Harbeck Bergheim House.
You can stop by and view the house prior to the public meeting. The public meeting is at the Academy Senior Living Center just a few short blocks away.
The Harbeck-Bergheim House has been cleared and prepared for a public viewing. Staff will be onsite to allow community members to view the interior of the house. Questions and comments regarding the process should be reserved for the public meeting.
Harbeck Bergheim House Viewing
1206 Euclid Ave.
July 12, 2018
Map from the Harbeck-Bergheim House to Academy Senior Living for the Public Meeting
Back to Harbeck-Bergheim House main page. Back to Harbeck-Bergheim House