Howard Heuston Park
Howard Heuston Park is a neighborhood park featuring a playground, off-leash dog area and basketball court.
- Basketball Court
- Picnic Tables
- Open Turf
- Off-leash Dog Area (Voice and Sight Tag required)
- Paved Walking Paths
- Street Parking
- Bike Racks
- RTD Bus Access
- Bike Route Access
Summary of Off-leash Dog Area Rules
- It is your responsibility to know all rules and regulations concerning the off-leash dog area.
- Lack of responsible dog or guardian behavior may result in a summons being issued.
- Dogs must be on-leash in the park outside of the designated off-leash dog area.
- Only people who have registered with the city’s Voice and Sight Tag Program may have a dog off-leash in the off-leash dog area.
- Voice and Sight Tag must be visibly displayed on each dog that is off-leash.
- Voice and Sight includes the requirement that your dog must respond immediately to your command. If you command your dog to come and stay with you, the dog must obey immediately regardless of any temptations or distractions.
- All dogs must be currently vaccinated and display a City of Boulder dog license or current ID and rabies vaccination tag.
- Dog guardian must have, in their possession, a leash for each dog in a condition to be attached to the dog without delay.
- No more than 2 dogs simultaneously off-leash allowed per dog guardian.
- No charging, chasing, harassing or otherwise displaying aggression toward any person, dog or wildlife is allowed.
- Dog guardians must immediately remove and dispose of their pet's excrement.
- Be aware of park property boundary and respectful to neighbors by keeping your dog within off-leash area.
For more information about the Voice and Sight Tag Program, please visit www.voiceandsight.org
To report animal protection issues, please call 303-441-3333.
The city is also in the process of improving Wonderland Creek, including the addition of a multi-use path connection. The creek and path improvements are adjacent to the northeast corner of the park. Please visit the Wonderland Creek Greenways Improvement Project page for more information.