Golf Re-Opening Rules and Procedures
If you are not sick, symptom free and feel safe to golf, please enjoy a round at Flatirons. The course will remain open when everyone adheres to all the safety and physical distancing requirements. We are all in this together and appreciate your patience as we all adapt to the new normal of golf operation policies and procedures. Thank you in advance for respecting each other by adhering to all physical distancing protocols. Players must follow all physical distancing rules, or they will be asked to leave the course without prior warning or a refund.
To promote player and employee safety the following guidelines are in place:
MAKING TEE TIMES
- Golfers MUST have a tee time and must pre-pay online or over the phone before the day of play.
- Tee times and pre-payment can be made online or by calling the golf shop at 303-442-7851.
THE GOLF SHOP IS OPEN
In-person payment for riding carts and warm up balls is required (see below). We also sell merchandise and strongly prefer credit card payments. We have limited ability to accept cash. Golf shop occupancy is strictly limited. Please enter through the front (west) door and exit through the rear. Per city ordinance, masks are required to enter the golf shop. If you don’t have a mask, you can pay for your riding cart, warm up balls and check in for your tee time.
Riding golf carts are available for rent for single-riders or shared for players living in the same household (verification required). Pre-paid tee time reservations are still required, but now there will be the option of adding and paying for a golf cart in person at check in if available.
Due to a limited number, carts are not able to be reserved. Players should come prepared to walk if carts are not available at your tee time.
The cart pricing has increased. We have a smaller fleet than many courses here at Flatirons. We may run out because of the single rider rule. Because of this, and our increased operational costs, 9-hole carts are $15, and 18 hole carts are $25.
Push carts are available. We appreciate the loyalty of our Flatirons Faithful through these times. We are offering pushcart rental at no charge due to the riding cart limitations, explained above. Push carts are available on a first-come, first-served basis and we may run out from time to time.
The driving range, the chipping and putting areas are all open to the public. The Driving Range closes earlier on Sundays and opens later on Mondays. Please ring the Pro Shop on 303-442-7851 for exact times.
BEFORE YOUR ROUND
- All golfers are required to wear protective masks when entering the Pro Shop. As of April 28, 2020, the City of Boulder requires face coverings at businesses and indoor locations; we strongly recommend our golfers also wear face coverings while on the Flatirons premise and course.
- You must have your own set of golf clubs. Club rentals are available.
- Please arrive only 20 minutes prior to your tee time. Check in at the golf shop before going to the tee. DO NOT head to the first tee until the prior group has left the tee. Golfers cannot gather around the first tee.
DURING YOUR ROUND
- All physical distancing protocols must be followed.
- Physical distancing of at least 6’ from everyone in your group and our staff MUST be adhered to at all times.
- Violators will be asked to leave the property without prior warning or a refund.
- No caddies, ride alongs, or spectators please.
- Leave flagsticks in the cup at all times.
- Depart promptly after you finish.
- On-course restrooms are now open.
- Food and beverage service is available during your round.
- Water refill stations are not available on the course. Have a full water bottle when you tee off.
- We will continue to open the gate each morning and close it at night to ensure proper attendance guidelines are followed.
EXTENDED CITY HOLIDAY CLOSURES (STAFF FURLOUGH DAYS)
With the exception of emergency health and life safety staff, all city staff will have a total of six unpaid days (five full days and two half-days) in 2020. Flatirons Golf will be closed on the following days: July 2, Aug. 7, Sept. 4, Oct. 9, Nov. 27, half-day Dec. 24, half-day Dec. 31. More information
Thanks again for your cooperation. Things have been going very well and we look forward to more happy golfers as the season goes on.
We will gradually resume a limited amount of golf instruction, events and tournaments when we are able to safely do so. Sign up for our email list to be notified when we expand our programs and services.
Last but not least, please be patient with our staff as all of these policies and new business practices are a challenge for us too. Everyone has been great and we appreciate your support!