Park and Shelter Rentals
As of March 15, all City of Boulder buildings and facilities are closed in an effort to help limit the spread of the coronavirus. Park, Shelter and Large Group rental permits will not be issued until the mandated facility closures for these locations is lifted.
If you would like to submit a rental application for a future date, please do so. Applications will be placed into a queue based off the time submitted. Applications will be evaluated once we have an understanding of when the facilities will be accessible for group gathering. At that time, we will contact the applicant regarding their request.
COVID-19 closures and cancellations
Boulder Parks and Recreation is working hard planning for the return of recreation facilities and programming.
2020 Shelter Season
Request your date up to nine months in advance for private, invitation-only groups and may not be broadcast by any social media. For events open to public, see Special Events . Electrical use may not be requested for use of PA systems, or for a food truck vendor.
Scott Carpenter Park will be impacted by pool construction.
Tom Watson Park bathrooms are closed due to electrical problems. They will be re-opened when the electrical issues are resolved.
Deadlines for reservations - minimum notice
- Seven (7) calendar days: One week before the date of your event for park and shelter reservations.
- Fifteen (15) calendar days: Needed in advance of the date of your event submit your alcohol permit request. ( Must be a City of Boulder resident.)
Other types of park permits: noted as Off-Season Park Use (September to April) - first come, first serve for 50 people or fewer.
Prohibited: Glass containers, alcohol, private grills and amplification. Restroom with limited hours during the Off-Season are at Eben G Fine, Foothills Community, Harlow Platts and Tom Watson parks.
- March 16, 2020 Discontinued at this time, no permits may be issued :Parks without shelters and off-season groups of 50 people or more will need a Large Group permit. Requires one week notice and a $100 deposit.
- Bringing your own gas grill to a park : To bring a gas grill to any city park you must have a permit from our office. Requires one week notice for the permit to be approved and a $100 deposit. No private charcoal grills are allowed. A gas grill at any park with a shelter requires the rental of the shelter during the summer season .
Picnic shelter and park descriptions - Time blocks 10-2 pm or 5-9 pm, Fees generally $100/$125. For more detail use the link: Park and Shelter Rental Reservation Process.
|Eben G Fine Park Shelter||Third St and Arapahoe Ave||No City grills
Gas Grill ok
maximum group of 100
|Foothills Community Park||800 Cherry Ave||No City grills
Gas Grill ok
|maximum group of 50 each for Shelter A, B max of 25 for Shelter C|
|Harlow Platts Park Shelter||3160 Gillaspie||City grills
|maximum group of 250|
|Martin Park Shelter||36th St and Eastman||City grills provided||maximum group of 100|
|North Boulder Park Shelter||Ninth St and Dellwood||City grills provided||maximum group of 250|
|Tom Watson Park Shelter||6180 N 63rd St||City grills provided||maximum group of 250|
- Chautauqua (some restrictions on time/group size)
- Scott Carpenter Park
Large Group Permits for Private Events -
March 16, 2020 any group 50 or more is discontinued at this time : No permits to be issued.
- Groups with 50 or more people at city parks ( excluding reservable Shelters during the summer ) must obtain a Large Group permit prior to gathering.
- Code 8-3-14. Group permits for private events will not reserve a specific area at the park.
- Parks will remain open to general park visitors. A $100 to $200 deposit is due for this group permit.
To request a large group permit call 303 413-7200 or email [email protected] .
Popular parks for private events such as weddings, birthday and graduation parties, family reunions, etc., include: Chautauqua Lawn and Scott Carpenter Park. These two locations are approved for an Alcohol Permit.
(No availability calendar on website for general parks)
|Chautauqua Lawn||900 Baseline Rd||
City grills not available
Gas Grill with permit
|maximum group of 100
permit ends 5 p.m.
|Scott Carpenter Park||1505 30th St||City grills not available
Gas Grill with permit
| Not available 2020 construction
No parking due to 2020 pool Construction