COVID-19 Closures and Cancellations
In response to recommendations from the Colorado Department of Health and Environment, and Boulder County Public Health, and as a safety precaution to protect the community from the spread of the coronavirus, the City of Boulder has closed all City of Boulder buildings and facilities. Citywide COVID-19 Information
The city will follow guidence from the county and state and will post opening information here when it is available.
Park Amenity and Closure Advisory
Under state order, our community is being asked to stay at home and only leave for essential needs. To comply with Public Health Order 2020-24, the following City of Boulder facilities have been deemed “conducive to public gathering” and remain closed or are closed effective immediately:
- Basketball Courts
- Volleyball Courts
- Tennis Courts
- Golf Courses, including Flatiron Golf Course and the Disc Golf Courses
- Outdoor Aquatic Facilities
- Valmont Bike Park
- Dog Parks
- Parks Picnic Area and Shelters
- Skate Parks
- Open Space Picnic Areas, Nature Centers and Shelters
Parks, hiking trails, trailheads and multi-use paths remain open for walking, hiking, biking and running with the following requirements if you go outside:
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Maintain at least 6-feet from others for social distancing.
- Cover all coughs/sneezes.
- Wash hands/use sanitizer before and after leaving home.
- Place trash and dog waste in trash bins or take with you if bins are full.
The state has mandated limiting travel except for critical activities, so recreating close to home is highly recommended.
Recreation Programs and Facilities
- Recreation centers are closed.
- Flatirons Golf Course is closed.
- Parks and Recreation registered courses, childcare and drop-in classes are suspended.
- One-day group volunteer events and projects are canceled.
- The Boulder Reservoir is open for passive recreation such as walking, running and biking. The gates are closed and boating is not permitted.
- The city will work to reschedule if possible, or provide credits and pro-rated refunds to impacted participants. Participants will be contacted directly as details are available. We appreciate your patience as staff work over the next couple of weeks to process any refunds or credits. Credit and Refund Information
- Community members may request park and shelter reservations, but they will not be finalized until city facilities re-open, and events may be subject to change.
- Routine public tree requests will be addressed as we get back to working in the field. If you have an immediate public safety concern, we will address the situation as soon as possible. Forestry requests