Become an Intern for Parks and Rec!
**The Parks and Recreation Department is not currently accepting internship applications.**
City of Boulder (COVID-19) information
Make an effective transition from the classroom to the professional world.
We've designed our internship program to give students the opportunity to explore the parks and recreation field and to gain practical experience under professional leadership.
Boulder Parks and Recreation offers unpaid seasonal internships in the following areas:
- Aquatics and Facility Management – Indoor/Outdoor Operations
- Sports Management and Programming
- Community Health and Wellness
- Exercise Science and Health Promotions
- Parks Planning: Construction, Planning, Cultural Assets and Urban Parks
- Urban Resources
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Outdoor Recreation Programming and Facility Operations – Boulder Reservoir
- Youth Services Initiative Program
- Recreation Centers (3)/ Facility Management
- Business Services
- Planning, Design and Construction
- Natural Lands Management and Ecology
- Urban Forestry
- GIS / Data Analysis
Internship Application Deadlines
We accept applications year round.
Please see the Internship Guide for more information.