Recreation Credits, Refunds and Donations Due to Closures
Summer Programs Update
We know you rely on us for your summer event and activity fun, as well as for health and wellness opportunities. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 health crisis has had a significant impact on the City of Boulder Parks and Recreation Department’s budget and staffing resources. While we look forward to resuming valued services in phases, we do not anticipate offering the same service levels as in years past. During this challenging time, we have decided to cancel all previously scheduled classes, leagues and programs for the summer season. While we’re pleased to be reopening some facilities on a limited basis, we currently are unable to offer the same programs, classes and leagues that were listed in our Spring/Summer Recreation Guide.
We will be offering new options, based on the following criteria:
- Public Health Guidance - What we can safely provide to the community;
- Financial Feasibility - What we can afford given drastic reductions in key sources of operations revenue-sales tax and user fees;
- Staff Capacity – Who can run the facilities and programs as furloughs and a hiring freeze limit our staff resources; and,
- Community Benefit - What services need to be prioritized given the above constraints.
Credits, Donations and Refunds
We recognize that with the cancellation of city-sponsored classes, leagues and programs through the summer, many in our Parks and Recreation family are eligible for a credit or facility pass suspension.
If you take no action, we will automatically issue a credit to your Boulder Parks and Recreation account. By taking this credit, if it is financially possible for your family, you will help us in our efforts to reopen as quickly and safely as possible.
You can expect to see this credit on your account by June 5. These credits may be applied to new summer programs, future registrations, leagues, rentals or recreation facility day entry use fee, or pass purchases.
If you prefer a refund or to donate all or part of your credit, please complete our form by June 26.
We will be calculating and issuing pro-rated credits for all classes that were cancelled due to city closures.
For specific information on classes or programs, send an email to the appropriate contact person:
Aquatics: Tim Stabbe [email protected]
EXPAND: Lori Goldman, [email protected]
Health and Wellness: Summer Kennedy, [email protected]
Partnership Programs: Megann Lohman, [email protected]
If you were already registered for a camp this summer, you will have been withdrawn from the camp and a credit will be put on your account. This credit can be used towards payment for any new camps or future registered programs. If you prefer a refund, please fill out the form below by May 29. Please note that refunds may take up to four weeks to process. Refund requests after May 29 will incur a $5 processing fee.
- Kidz Kamp, Goats & Gardens, Rez Camps – Chelsea Cerny, [email protected]
- Camp Amico or Outdoor Adventure Camp – Lori Goldman, [email protected]
For contractual camps (not registered through Boulder Parks and Recreation), please contact the provider running the camp for their policies.
Passes and Memberships
We have automatically suspended your monthly, annual or family pass as of March 13, 2020 and your payments have stopped. We will automatically reactivate your pass once services resume.
- Monthly pass holders: You will not be automatically billed at your monthly renewal date until we re-open. This includes gymnastics team memberships.
- Family and annual pass holders: If you are on an annual payment plan, your payments have also been stopped. Your pass will be extended by the number of days facilities are closed. Should you require a refund, please submit the form below.
- Punch cards: Your punch card does not expire. We welcome you back to use our facilities once we are able to re-open.
Questions? Contact Matt Gazdik, [email protected]
We will automatically extend your session package expiration date for every month services are unavailable. If you have questions or additional needs, please contact the appropriate staff member:
All credits for summer classes, programs and leagues will be issued to the account of the original pass or program payer by June 5. You can view this credit on your account by signing into online registration . Go to 'My Account' click on 'List Account Credits'. Credits can be applied to your next program, camp or pass purchase at the time of check out. If you have a previously set up payment plan and you wish to apply the credit, please contact the recreation center for assistance, once we re-open.
You may also request a refund of your summer account credit after June 26. Refunds from account credits will incur a $5 processing fee and will be delivered via City of Boulder check. Checks usually arrive in 2 to 4 weeks after being processed but may take longer due to these unprecedented circumstances. No processing fee will be incurred for refund requests made prior to June 26 for summer session classes and programs.
Summer programs, classes and leagues
If you require a refund, please submit a refund request form below. Refunds can only be issued to the original payer.
How refunds will be processed
- Credit Cards: Original payments made by credit card will be refunded directly to that credit card. Refunds cannot be made to expired, canceled or disabled credit cards. If this occurs, a refund will be issued via City of Boulder check.
- Cash/Check Payments: A City of Boulder check will be mailed to the address on the payer’s account if the original payment was made by cash or check. Please be sure we have your current address and contact information when requesting your refund. Checks usually arrive in 2 to 4 weeks after being processed but may take longer due to these unprecedented circumstances.
You may also request your program or pass credits be donated to either of the following:
- PLAY Boulder Foundation , which provides access to recreation programs for Boulder-area residents of all abilities no matter their financial or physical challenges.
- EXPAND, which provides recreation opportunities for local people living with disabilities.
To donate your credit, please submit the form below.