Recreation Credits, Refunds and Donations Due to Closures
The City of Boulder closed all recreation centers at 3 p.m. on March 13, followed by closing all city buildings and facilities to the public and non-essential employees effective March 15. Programs, classes and drop-in activities were also suspended during this time.
If you or your family member(s) were signed up for a class, program or pass, we will be issuing credits to the payer’s account April 8 - 22. No action is required on your part to receive your account credit. This credit can be applied to any future facility pass, class or program you purchase. If you require a refund or would like to donate your credit, please submit the form below by April 7 .
The status of spring programming is still being determined. Please expect this site to be updated as soon as further decisions are made.
We will be calculating and issuing pro-rated credits for all classes that were cancelled due to city closures as of March 13. Sessions delayed or cancelled due to closures that extend beyond will also be automatically credited on a pro-rated basis once programs resume.
For specific information on classes or programs, send an email to the appropriate contact person:
Aquatics: Chris Lawson, [email protected]
EXPAND: Lori Goldman, [email protected]
Health and Wellness: Summer Kennedy, [email protected]
Gymnastics: Keeler Miller, [email protected]
Partnership Programs: Megann Lohman, [email protected]
Sports: Connor Bulger, [email protected]
Spring Break Camp registrations have all been canceled. Refunds have already been applied to all payers’ accounts.
We are still planning on running summer camps but will suspend any automatic payments to occur until after our facilities re-open. If camps are unable to run, you will receive a credit/refund for any payments/deposits that you have already paid.
If you wish to withdraw from a future class, please contact the correct camp coordinator.
- Kidz Kamp, Goats & Gardens, Rez Camps – Molly Langerak, [email protected]
- Camp Amico – Sherri Brown, [email protected]
- Outdoor Adventure Camp – Chelsea Cerny, [email protected]
For contractual camps (not registered through Boulder Parks and Recreation), please contact the provider running the camp for their policies.
We have automatically suspended your monthly, annual or family pass as of March 13, 2020 and your payments have stopped. We will automatically resume your pass once our facilities re-open.
- Monthly pass holders: You will not be automatically billed at your monthly renewal date until we re-open. This includes gymnastics team memberships.
- Family and annual pass holders: If you are on an annual payment plan, your payments have also been stopped. Your pass will be extended by the number of days facilities are closed. Should you require a refund, please submit the form below.
- Punch cards: Your punch card does not expire. We welcome you back to use our facilities once we are able to re-open.
Questions? Contact Matt Gazdik, [email protected]
All credits will be issued to the account of the original pass or program payer between April 8 – 22. You can view this credit on your account by signing into Active.net. Go to 'My Account' click on 'List Account Credits'. Credits can be applied to your next program, camp or pass purchase at the time of check out. If you have a previously set up payment plan and you wish to apply the credit, please contact the recreation center for assistance, once we re-open.
You may also request a refund of your account credit at a later date. Refunds from account credits will incur a $5 processing fee and will be delivered via City of Boulder check. Checks usually arrive in 1-2 weeks after being processed but may take longer due to these unprecedented circumstances. No processing fee will be incurred for refund requests made prior to April 7.
Programs and services occurring before on or before March 29
If you require a refund for either a class or pass, please submit a refund request form below. Request forms received by April 7 will be completed April 8 – 22. Forms received after this time will be processed beginning April 23. Refunds can only be issued to the original payer.
Programs and services occurring on or after March 30
- Because this is a dynamic situation, we will be waiting for additional information to decide on rescheduling, canceling or running programs for fewer weeks. If we have your email address, you will receive an email from us again before April 20 with additional information. You can also check back here, or on our individual program pages for additional information on each program area.
How refunds will be processed
- Credit Cards: Original payments made by credit card will be refunded directly to that credit card. Refunds cannot be made to expired, canceled or disabled credit cards. If this occurs, a refund will be issued via City of Boulder check.
- Cash/Check Payments: A City of Boulder check will be mailed to the address on the payer’s account if the original payment was made by cash or check. Please be sure we have your current address and contact information when requesting your refund. Checks usually arrive in 1-2 weeks after being processed but may take longer due to these unprecedented circumstances.
You may also request your program or pass credits be donated to either of the following:
- PLAY Boulder Foundation , which provides access to recreation programs for Boulder-area residents of all abilities no matter their financial or physical challenges.
- EXPAND, which provides recreation opportunities for local people living with disabilities.
To donate your credit, please submit the form below.