Reservoir Boat Permits
PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE SOLD OUT OF 2019 SEASON POWERBOAT PERMITS. 2020 Powerboat permits will be renewable to returning customers beginning Jan 2, 2020. Applications for new power boat permits will be accepted beginning Feb 1, 2020, and will be subject to availability.
Small watercraft permits will be subject to availability.
What you will need to apply
- Current State of CO Boat Registration
- New insurance certificate
- Have your insurance company fill out the affidavit of insurance
- See Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Protocol . To schedule a decontamination please call 303-441-3463.
- All watercraft including sailboats, power boats, kayaks, canoes, kite boards, sailboards, etc., are required to have a valid Boulder Reservoir permit.
- One permit is required per stand up paddle boards (SUP).
- All 2019 permits and moorings will be valid through Dec 31, 2019.
- No permits will be sold after May. 4, 2019 (At which time we will evaluate where we are with number of permits remaining and determine the possibility of additional sales.)
- We do not sell permits on Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.
- Permits will be transferred on a case-by-case basis as approved by the Boulder Reservoir Manager.
- To transfer a permit from one craft to another, a $50 transfer fee will be charged and the old permit must be submitted to Boulder Reservoir to obtain a new permit.
- The Boulder Reservoir does not permit any personal water craft (PWC) for recreational use on the reservoir.
- The Boulder Reservoir does not permit boats greater than 500HP.
All watercraft on Boulder Reservoir must remain wake less during quiet hours, with the exception of city-sanctioned activities and lake patrol operations.
- Tuesday 5:30 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday 5:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Thursday 5 pm - 9 p.m.
Apply for a boat permit or small craft storage
Boater Permit Application Form
Storage requests for small craft (kayaks, SUPs, canoes, etc.) at the Boulder Reservoir