Reservoir Boat Permits
**We are currently selling all permits and moorings for the 2018 season.**
What you will need to apply
- Current State of CO Boat Registration
- New insurance certificate
- Have your insurance company fill out the affidavit of insurance
- See Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) Protocol . To schedule a decontamination please call 303-441-3463.
- All watercraft including sailboats, power boats, kayaks, canoes, kite boards, sailboards, etc., are required to have a valid Boulder Reservoir permit.
- One permit is required per stand up paddle boards (SUP).
- All 2018 permits and moorings will be valid through Dec 31, 2018.
- No permits will be sold after May. 4, 2018 (At which time we will evaluate where we are with number of permits remaining and determine the possibility of additional sales.)
- We do not sell permits on Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.
- Permits will be transferred on a case-by-case basis as approved by the Boulder Reservoir Manager.
- To transfer a permit from one craft to another, a $50 transfer fee will be charged and the old permit must be submitted to Boulder Reservoir to obtain a new permit.
- The Boulder Reservoir does not permit any personal water craft (PWC) for recreational use on the reservoir.
- The Boulder Reservoir does not permit boats greater than 500HP.
All watercraft on Boulder Reservoir must remain wake less during quiet hours, with the exception of city-sanctioned activities and lake patrol operations.
- Tuesday 5:30 a.m. - noon
- Wednesday 5:30 a.m. - 9 a.m.
- Thursday 5 pm - 9 p.m.
Apply for a boat permit or small craft storage
Boater Permit Application Form
Storage requests for small craft (kayaks, SUPs, canoes, etc.) at the Boulder Reservoir