Snow Much Fun
Join us for Snow Much Fun in the Civic Area 2018 - 2019
Grab a cup of hot cocoa and take a stroll through Boulder’s Civic Area to explore more than 275,000 LED lights on display (Nov. 17 – Jan. 28). Join Boulder Parks and Recreation for exciting seasonal events and activities all season long:
- Explore more than 275,000 LED lights around Central Park at the Civic Area Nov. 17 - Jan. 28.
- Warm up with seasonal treats from the Dushanbe Teahouse or Seeds Café (Boulder Public Library).
- Discover enriching seasonal programs for all-ages at the Boulder Public Library.
- Visit the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art (FREE admission for children under the age of 12).
- Kids can visit Santa for FREE each Saturday at St. Nick on the Bricks at the Downtown Boulder Visitor Center.
- Engage in weekly themed walking tours of Boulder’s Civic Area presented by Walk2Connect.
Join Boulder Community Health and the City of Boulder to walk with a doc and take a step toward better health. This is a FREE community program.
Mark your calendars for these special events downtown throughout the season:
- Saturday, Dec. 1 – Lights of December Parade (Pearl Street Mall)
- Saturday, Dec. 1 - Holiday Harps with the Studio of Margot Krimmel (Boulder Public Library)
- Saturday, Dec. 8 - Freezie Fest (Pearl Street Mall and the Civic Area)
- Saturday, Dec. 8 - First weekly Walk2Connect walk in the Civic Area
- Sunday, Dec. 9 - Boulder Children's Chorale (Canyon Theater)
- Saturday, Dec. 15 –Holiday Social: Screening of “A Christmas Story” (Canyon Theater)
- Wednesday, Dec. 19 - Creekside Caroling in the Park (Civic Area)
Saturday, Dec. 1 – Lights of December Parade. Crowds will enjoy marching bands, lit fire engines, holiday carolers and much more. The grand finale includes an appearance by the jolly old man himself - Santa Claus! Presented by the Downtown Boulder Partnership (Pearl Street Mall).
Saturday, Dec. 1 - Holiday Harps with the Studio of Margot Krimmel. 20th Annual Holiday Harp concert. 20 harps in ensemble ages 7 – 18. Presented by Boulder Public Library Concert Series (Canyon Theater).
Saturday, Dec. 8 - Freezie Fest. Join us for a celebration of winter and all things snowmen! This year's first annual Freezie Fest includes exciting activities around the Pearl Street Mall (11 a.m. to 4 p.m.) and continues into Central Park at Boulder’s Civic Area (4 p.m. to 7 p.m.) with a musical celebration including exciting family-friendly activities emceed and hosted by Jeff and Paige.
Saturday, Dec. 8 - First weekly Walk2Connect . Boulder Walks is hosting weekly walks all winter long. Join local walking leaders on these fun outings through the end of January.
Sunday, Dec. 9 - Boulder Children's Chorale. Two performances (2 p.m. and 4 p.m.). Presented by Boulder Public Library Concert Series (Canyon Theater),
Saturday, Dec. 15 – Cinema Program Holiday Social: Screening of “A Christmas Story”. A boy’s dream Christmas present in a Red Ryder Range 200 Shot BB gun, as he tries to get the message subconsciously to his parent. Based on the novel “In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash” by Jean Shepard. Ovaltine and fortune cookies are served. Pajama contest precedes the screening. Presented by Boulder Public Library Concert Series (Canyon Theater).
Wednesday, Dec. 19 - Creekside Caroling in the Park. Chase away the holiday blues with a special edition Walk with a Doc and seasonal caroling! Hear why moving our bodies makes us happier and learn some holiday survival tips from Dr. Nelson Trujillo on this guided walk around Boulder’s Civic Area. Healthy refreshments will be provided. Caroling begins at 5:30 p.m., walking tour begins at 5:45 p.m. Presented by Boulder Parks and Recreation (Civic Area).