Tom Watson Park
Tom Watson Park is a large community park with various sports fields, a playground, and convenient access to Coot Lake.
NOTICE: Feb 2020 we are experiencing ongoing electrical issues in the Tom Watson bathrooms and are keeping them closed for the foreseeable future
- Picnic shelter
- Public restrooms - open year round with closures during cold weather
- Charcoal grills
- Ball fields
- Tennis courts
- Volleyball court
- Bike racks
- Paved walking paths
- RTD bus access
- Bike route access
- Parking lot
Nature Play Opportunities
The climbing structures and sandbox in Tom Watson Park’s playground provide opportunities for free play in a park targeted toward structured and programmed recreation.
Carter Lake Pipeline Project
Starting in September 2019, major construction will begin on a portion of the the Carter Lake Pipeline (also known as the Southern Water Supply Project II) aligned along 63rd Street north of Highway 119 (the Diagonal) adjacent to Tom Watson Park and Coot Lake. Construction notices will be installed in impacted areas to inform users about the upcoming activity, which includes:
- General Impact: Heavy construction activity and noise September 2019-February 2020
- Park Impact: Partial Tom Watson Park parking lot closure October/November 2019
- Access Impact: Heavy construction activity on the west side of Tom Watson Park and 63rd Street September/October 2019
- IBM Connector Trail: Closure west of 63rd Street September/October 2019
The Northern Colorado Water Conservancy District (Northern Water) is managing the project on behalf of the participants: City of Boulder, Berthoud, Left Hand Water District and Longs Peak Water District.