Valmont City Park
Exciting news! Construction is about to begin! Here are a few things to know:
- At Valmont City Park, construction of the skate park and bike pump track is scheduled to start sometime in June.
- However, starting Monday, May 3, the dog park is closed to do some deferred maintenance and to keep humans and dogs safe. It’s anticipated to be closed through August.
- The parking lot on the north side of Valmont will be closed due to the construction, so please park at one of the two parking lots outlined in the construction poster below, and walk, skate, or ride in using one of the highlighted pathways.
- The Green Block DIY is expected to remain open through the duration of the project.
Click for a larger image
- Learn more on the project page link below.
2020 Skate Park Improvements and Pump Track Project
Project summary page for enhancements to the existing Scott Carpenter Skate Park, as well as a new skate park and pump track at Valmont City Park.
- Bike park
- Dog park
- Disc golf course
- Skate features
- Paved and unpaved multi-use path
- Rectangular field
- Sheltered and unsheltered picnic tables
- Water access
- Public restrooms
- Bike racks
- RTD access
- Parking lot
Nature Play Opportunities
Children are able, while using the bike or multi-use trails, to observe native wildlife alongside the paths. There is also a small pond in Valmont Bike Park where children can enjoy observing and interacting with nature as well.