Planning & Development Services Online Center
Hours of Operation
NOTICE: The P&DS Service Center will be closed ALL DAY on the following dates for employee training:
- Tuesday, Feb. 27
- Tuesday, March 6
- Tuesday, March 13
- Tuesday, March 20
- Tuesday, March 27
8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; and
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Tuesdays.
*Tuesday Morning Trainings (8 to 10 a.m.)
The services center opens at 10 a.m. on Tuesdays to allow staff to attend weekly trainings and/or coordination meetings as part of the ongoing commitment to improve customer service. The Services Center opens at 8 a.m. on Tuesdays that follow a Monday holiday.
The city is transitioning to a new land management and permitting system called EnerGov, click to learn more.
We are excited to begin scheduling appointments for full-review building permit submittals (including remodels, additions and new construction) beginning on Feb. 12. Starting on Feb. 7, appointments can be scheduled by following this link:
- Initially, appointments will only be offered for initial submittal of building permit applications for full review, including remodels, additions and new construction.
- Appointments will NOT be required, but will be an option to customers.
- Customers can still come to the Services Center as a walk-in customer to submit a building permit application.
- Appointments can be booked up to one week in advance with 24-hours notice required.
- By scheduling an appointment, customers can: avoid wait times, select their desired Project Specialist and a time of their choosing. Appointments can be scheduled with one-day notice up to a week in advance.
- While appointments are currently only being offered for building permit submittals, we plan to offer appointments for other services, such as submittal of development review applications, in the coming months.
- We will continue to offer the streamlined services queue for single-trade permits, historic review and resubmittals not including a change of scope.
- We intend on continuing to survey customers and staff to inform ongoing enhancements and improvements to the services we provide.
NOTICE – As of Nov. 22, 2017, there are new application requirements for an administrative review for wireless telecommunication facilities, including both small cell facilities within the public right-of-way and facilities on private property. Please see the attachment to the administrative review application form for wireless communication facilities for the updated requirements. This update is in conjunction with the adoption of Ordinance 8215.
About Planning and Development Services
Planning and Development Services (P+DS) coordinates all of the development-related functions across the city's Planning, Housing and Sustainability and Public Works departments.
Boulder Planning - Updates about local development and planning information.
Map of Development Review Projects - Including project documents
The P+DS Center is located on the third floor of the Park Central building at 1739 Broadway, near the corner of Broadway and Arapahoe Avenue, next door to Mustard's Last Stand. Metered parking is available on the south side of the building off of Arapahoe Avenue.
Project Specialists are available for walk-in consultations during P+DS business hours. You may also leave a phone message for the Project Specialists during P+DS business hours at 303-441-1880, and they will return calls in the order they were received.