Apply online for stand-alone Mechanical Permits for residential dwellings of two units or less.
Do not use the E-Permits application for flood restoration or repairs.
Important Boulder Construction Use Tax Information
For building permits issued on and after July 1, 2010 that have a final cost or contract price of $20,000 or more, project reconciliation must be completed with the city of Boulder Finance Department. These projects may be audited. The Project Cost Reconciliation Return forms and instructions are available at bouldercolorado.gov/constructionusetax. Please refer to the Forms and Handouts tabs on the right side of the web page. Please direct any questions about use tax to the city of Boulder Finance Department at 303-441-3050.
The site will be your portal for applying for and purchasing building permits on-line. Inspections can be scheduled at the time of purchase.
The application type currently available is for stand-alone Mechanical permits for residential dwellings of two units or less. Permits are available for new installation or replacement of equipment such as duct and forced air furnaces, low pressure boilers, water heaters, gas log fireplaces and air conditioning units.
Over time this site will expand to include application processing of other single-trade stand alone permits, building permit valuation and fee calculator, and the current list of city licensed contractors.
To apply for a permit, you will need:
- Project Address
- License Contractor Name (Unless you are a homeowner completing the work at your own single family residence)
- Equipment Type and Valuation (Market rate of labor and Materials to install the equipment)
- The permit must be printed and posted on the job site during construction.
A credit card
- A Visa or Master Card to pay for the permit fees and construction sales use taxes. The maximum total fees and taxes that can be paid on-line is $5000
A current web browser
- Recent version of Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer or other current browser.
Use the links under "Related Links" to get started.
Bookmark this page for easy access to the E-Permits webpage.