Design and Construction Standards
2019 Updates to the DCS and Downloadable PDF
The Design and Construction Standards includes updated utilities chapters, effective as of June 20, 2019. Users can open as a PDF or in a web browser and use the contents or bookmarks menu to navigate to specific chapters.
Utilities Chapters of the DCS
The city recently updated the Design and Construction Standards. Parts of Chapters 4, 5,6, 7 and 9 were updated, along with related drawings in Chapter 11, to comply with the State of Colorado’s Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit and update standards to represent current best practices and associated technical details. Changes are effective June 20, 2019, and all technical document review applications and permit applications submitted after this date will be required to comply with the updated version of the DCS. Any projects with completed applications for site review or form based code review that are submitted before June 20, 2019, will be allowed to continue through the process using the current DCS. An overview of changes is summarized in the May 21, 2019, City Council memo.
Changes were adopted by City Council after staff held a stakeholder meeting (March 25) and presented to the Water Resources Advisory Board (January 28 and February 25), Planning Board (April 18), and City Council (May 7 and May 21).
Transportation Chapters of the DCS: 2019 Updates
Please visit the 2000/2009 Design and Construction Standards web page if you need to review the previous versions of the Utilities chapters and other files.
Design and Construction Standards and Related Files
Chapter 11 Technical Drawings
2019 Design and Construction Standards
- Chapter 1 - General Requirements CAD Drawings
- Chapter 2 - Transportation Design CAD Drawings
- Chapter 3 - Streetscape Design CAD Drawings
- Chapter 4 - General Utilities Design CAD Drawings
- Chapter 5 - Water Design CAD Drawings (Current Version)
- Chapter 5 - Water Design CAD Drawings (Old Version)
- Chapter 6 - Wastewater Design CAD Drawings
- Chapter 7 - Stormwater Design CAD Drawings (Current Version)
- Chapter 7 - Stormwater Design CAD Drawings (Old Version)
DCS Stormwater Checklists and Templates
- Drainage Report Checklist
- Low Impact Development Checklist
- Post-Construction Water Quality Design Form
- Stormwater Control Measure Inspection and Maintenance Guide Template
- Stormwater Control Measure Maintenance Schedule and Descriptions Attachment A
- Stormwater Control Measure Inspection Forms Attachment B
- Stormwater Management Plan Checklist
- Stormwater Management Plan Checklist CAD Template