Rental Housing Licensing Inspections
All of the criteria for both the Baseline and Renewal inspections is available in the Rental License Handbook.
A Baseline Inspection is required to:
- license a new rental property;
- renew a license after the previous license has expired; or
- renew a license when ownership has changed during the four-year licensing period.
A Renewal Inspection is required to:
- renew a license that has not expired for a property that has not had a change of ownership during the four-year licensing period.
Companies* Licensed to Perform Both Baseline and Renewal Inspections
- Abacus Inspection Service – 248 S. Madison Ave., Louisville, CO 80027, 303-554-5840
- Case Inspection Services – 1005 W. 7th Ave. Broomfield, CO 80020, 303-439-2427
- Home-Spec Inspections, LLC – 902 Sleepy Hollow Rd. Golden, CO 80401, 720-746-0103
- Independent Services – 913 E. 5th Ave. Longmont, CO 80501, 303-651-3599
- MSE Inspections – 4738 McKinley Dr., Boulder, CO 80303, 303-499-3163
- Rocky Mountain Inspections, LLC - 4891 Old Post Cir., Boulder, CO 80301, 720-563-9190
- Roberts and Sons – 7920 Grasmere Dr. Boulder, CO 80301, 303-581-9937
- Scott Home Inspection – 3728 West CR 10, Berthoud, CO 80513, 303-373-2424
*This is not an all-inclusive list of companies and people that are officially licensed by the city to preform both inspections. Please consult the Yellow Pages or search online to learn about others who may be able to help. You should always ask the company or person if they are officially licensed by the city to perform the necessary inspections.