The City of Boulder welcomes your feedback. Use our Inquire Boulder customer service tool to tell us what’s on your mind.

  • Planning and Development Services Online Center
  • Maps & Property Information
  • Building Permits
  • Applications and Forms
  • Inspections
  • Development Review Projects
  • Codes and Regulations
  • Rental Housing Licensing
  • Contractor Licensing
  • Boards and Commissions
  • Affordable Housing

Sign Contractor License

Sign Contractor License

Classification of Licenses

  • Class A: entitles the licensee to contract for the manufacture and installation of signs and related structures, including awnings which are directly supported by the structure only and canvas canopies being supported by building and vertical supports, and to paint signs on existing structures.
  • Class B: entitles the licensee to contract for painting signs on existing structures.

Application For Sign Contractor License

  1. Complete a City of Boulder Contractor Licensing Application
  2. Provide a current copy of a Certificate of Insurance as required by Boulder Revised Code (BRC) 4-1-8.
  3. Pay the annual licensing fees as required by BRC 4-20-21(a).


View Full Site