The City of Boulder welcomes your feedback. Use our Inquire Boulder customer service tool to tell us what’s on your mind.

  • Planning and Development Services Online Center
  • Maps & Property Information
  • Customer Self Service Portal
  • Building Permits
  • Applications and Forms
  • Inspections
  • Development Review Projects
  • Codes and Regulations
  • Rental Housing Licensing
  • Contractor Licensing
  • Boards and Commissions
  • Affordable Housing

Technical Document Review

Land use review applications generally require a technical document review toward the end of the review process, depending on the type of review. These technical documents may include:

  • final plans, such as architecture, site and landscape;
  • a subdivision final plat and agreement;
  • a development agreement;
  • engineering plans; and
  • dedications of easements or right-of-ways.

You must fill out the Technical Document Review Application form for any of the project types listed below. Search for your project type within the P&DS Applications and Forms Database to determine if you need to provide any additional information.

Projects That Require Technical Document Review

Final Plans

  • Final Plans - Site and Use Review
  • Final Architecture, Landscaping and Site Plan Combined (only applies to Site Review-Simple)
  • Final Architecture Plan
  • Final Landscaping Plan
  • Final Site Plan


  • Subdivision Agreement/Final Plat (must be accompanied by Final Construction Documents and fees)
  • Lot Line Adjustment
  • Lot Line Elimination
  • Right-of-Way/Easement Dedication

Engineering - Final Construction Documents

  • Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) Access Permit
  • Stormwater Plan and Report
  • Transportation Plan
  • Utility Plan (must be accompanied by a Landscaping Plan and fee)

Technical documents are routed for review every three weeks. Please see the calendar of review tracks. pdf

After the required technical documents have been approved, you can file a building permit application for any new construction. Additional information about building permits is available at the Planning and Development Services Center. You may also need to apply for other permits in order to complete the project, including growth management allocations or floodplain development permits.