East Boulder Subcommunity Working Group
The East Boulder Working Group collaborates with city staff to support the development of the East Boulder Subcommunity Plan. It is made up of 20 community members interested in the future of East Boulder and meets monthly.
Member duties include:
- Representing diverse community interests during the planning process
- Serving as a community resource to share information about the planning process and how to get involved
- Developing a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the subcommunity
- Identifying potential solutions to issues
- Defining a path toward the implementation of plan recommendations
Learn who is a part of the working group.
Submit a question to the working group
Have a question about East Boulder Subcommunity Planning you'd like to send to the working group? Please submit your question using the form below. The working group addresses community questions at its monthly meetings.
Join the working group email hotline
The city created an email hotline for members of the working group to communicate with each other in a transparent way. Working group members are able to post to this email group and reply to each other's emails. Community members can sign up to join the email hotline and view exchanged messages.
How to Subscribe to the East Boulder Working Group Hotline
- Go the City Email Lists page.
- Choose "East Boulder Working" under Mailing List in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the subscribe button.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter a Name and Password.
- Click on the "Subscribe/Unsubscribe From List" button.
- You should then receive a confirmation email about your subscription. Keep the welcome email as it has the instructions on how to unsubscribe.
These monthly meetings are open to the public to observe as well as offer a limited public comment period. For questions about these meetings, kindly contact us at [email protected]
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions on group meetings, the next East Boulder Working Group meeting will be held online on Wednesday, August 26 from 2:30 to 5 p.m. To join this meeting, a video conference link and/or call-in phone number will be posted 48 hours in advance.
To find the agenda, homework, resources and discussion questions for this topic look for "Meeting materials" below, then look for Meeting #15 (about a week before the meeting).
- The City of Boulder is committed to its core value of community safety and is proactively taking steps to limit potential social spreading of COVID-19. For more information about the city and COVID-19, visit https://bouldercolorado.gov/coronavirus.
The East Boulder Working Group meets monthly. You can view meeting materials and notes in the tab below.
Meeting #1: May 20, 2019
The first working group meeting included group member introductions and a subcommunity tour. Below is the material working group members received at the first meeting.
Meeting #2: June 24, 2019
Meeting #3: July 24, 2019
Meeting #4: August 28, 2019
Meeting #4 Agenda
Meeting #4 Notes
Meeting #4 Brainstorm Notes
Spreadsheet summary of community input received at August events
Community responses results to online feedback form, March 2018 to August 2019
Meeting #5: September 25, 2019
Meeting #6: October 23, 2019
Meeting #7: November 20, 2019
Update: December 19, 2019
Meeting #8: January 22, 2020
Meeting #8 Agenda
Meeting #8 Notes
Meeting #8 Working Group Input, categorized
Handout on Mapping the Journey
Sample Scenario Planning Report for NE Ohio
Sample Area Plan, Transit Village Area Plan
9/25/18 Council Study Session at which Subcommunity Planning was discussed
1/15/19 Council meeting at which Subcommunity Planning was again discussed
Working Group member application responses
Working Group survey results summarized
January hot sheet
Meeting #9: February 26, 2020
Meeting #10: April 15 and 17, 2020
Meeting #11: April 29 and May 1, 2020
Meeting #12: May 27, 2020
Meeting #13: June 24, 2020
Meeting #13 Agenda
Meeting #13 Meeting Materials - revised Vision Statements (English)
Meeting #13 Meeting Materials - revised Vision Statements (Spanish)
Meeting #13 Notes
Meeting #13 Presentation
June hot sheet
Meeting #14: July 22 and July 28, 2020
Meeting #14 Agenda
Meeting #14 Homework, Videos and Resources
Meeting #14 Land Use descriptions
Meeting #14 Focus Areas
Meeting #14 Maps - Existing, Flood, Scenario Test Concepts 1, 2, and 3
Meeting #14 Scenario Test Concepts descriptions
Meeting #14 Packet - all materials above
Meeting #14 Presentations
Meeting #14 Notes