University Hill - Event Street
A landscaped public gathering space in the Hill Commercial Area open to vehicles, pedestrians and bicycles, and that can be easily closed for events.
- August 2014: Community Charrette: Vision for a Hill Event Street
- November 2014: Community, Culture and Safety Tax Approved
- July 2015: Request for Proposals: Urban Design Firm
- October 2015: Russell + Mills Selected as the Event Street Designer
- April 2016: Stakeholder Design Workshop: Concept Design Review
- August 2016: Concept Design Complete
- January 2017: Final Design Complete
- May 2017: Construction Started
- November 2017: Construction Complete
Construction of the University Hill “event street” began Monday, May 15, 2017 and ended in November 2017.
Please click above to see specific information and a map of the construction area is available on the official construction notice .
Please click above to see special customer flyer for information that outlined the project for University Hill customers.
- Status: Complete
- Antipated completion by Fall 2017
- Budget: $930,000