Working with the community to provide service and safety. The department’s mission includes the following responsibilities:
- Enforcing laws and preserving public safety and order;
- Reducing crime and disorder through prevention and intervention;
- Responding to community needs through partnerships and joint problem‑solving;
- Investigating and reporting serious and non‑serious crimes for prosecution;
- Providing information and service referrals; and
- Managing and administering BPD operations.
We are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our community and our co-workers by demonstrating consistent and professional service with a solution-oriented approach.
We champion diversity and welcome individual perspectives, backgrounds and opinions. We are open-minded and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
We are stewards of the public’s trust and are committed to service that is transparent and consistent with city regulations and policies. We are honorable, follow through on our commitments and accept responsibility.
We are committed to organizational success and celebrate our shared dedication to public service. We believe community collaboration and the sum of our individual contributions leads to great results.
We promote a forward-thinking environment that supports creativity, calculated risks and continuous improvement. We embrace change and learn from others in order to deliver leading edge service.