Q1 - Q2 2022
Jan 2022 - June 2022 | Project start date, Jan. 9, 2022
Throughout this project, community members should expect to experience traffic impacts along Baseline Road and Thunderbird Drive. Please check the city's Cone Zones for current traffic impacts. Message boards will be placed along impacted routes prior to any roadway closures. Traffic Impacts will include:
- Full Closure of Baseline between 55th St. and Gapter Rd. – emergency and Baseline Road driveway access will be maintained
- Eastbound lanes of Baseline between Foothills Parkway and 55th St. will shift north of the median reducing east and west travel to one lane each.
- Road closures on Thunderbird Road
- Road closures on Thunderbird Court
- Lane closures on Foothills Parkway
- Information on detours and delays on RTD Route 225 can be found here
Some utility customers will experience brief water and sewer service outages to allow construction crews to tie into the new sewer line. All impacted customers will receive notification prior to any planned service interruptions.
This project is located along Baseline Road from Gapter Road to Foothills Parkway and along Thunderbird Road between Baseline Road and Sioux Drive.
This project will increase the carrying capacity of the sewer lines in the area by increasing both pipe sizes and slopes. Major project components include:
- Installing 400 feet of 36” sanitary sewer west of Gapter Road parallel to existing pipe
- Upsizing 2,320 feet of 24” sanitary sewer along Baseline Road west of Gapter Road to 55th to 27” pipe
- Upsizing 2,000 feet of 12” and 15” sanitary sewer from Foothills Parkway to 55th to 24” pipe
- Upsizing 430 feet of 12” sanitary sewer in the northeast corner of the Foothills & Baseline intersection with 15” pipe
- Installing 335 feet of 12” and 680 feet of 15” sewer lines west of Foothills Parkway, along Thunderbird Court, Thunderbird Drive, and the multi-use path
- Rehabilitating existing manholes in Foothills Parkway from Sioux Drive to Baseline Road
- Trenchless crossing under existing culvert under Baseline, east of Foothills Parkway
Estimated Cost: $4.5M - for construction and construction services (does not include design)
Funding: This project is being funded through utility fees