The roadway pavement on North Broadway is in poor condition and requires reconstruction. This project will provide a more durable pavement that does not require as frequent maintenance and provide a safer and better riding experience for drivers, transit riders and on-street bicyclists.
The project applied for and received a federal grant to reconstruct the pavement in concrete as well as retain and possibly enhance or add pedestrian, bicycle and transit stop facilities and improvements. There is also some funding for street lighting, landscaping and public art.
The updated scope includes:
- Pavement reconstruction in concrete and new curb and gutter
- Improvement to the on-street bicycle facilities
- Multi-use path on the west side of Broadway from Violet Avenue to US 36
- Installation of a traffic signal at Broadway and Yarmouth Avenue and new or improved traffic signal interconnection and bicycle detection systems
- Pedestrian and transit stop upgrades
- Construction of a new drainageway underpass for the Fourmile Canyon Creek crossing of Broadway
- Reduction of posted speed limits from 35 mph to 30 mph from Violet Ave to south of Lee Hill Drive and from 40 mph to 35 mph from south of Lee Hill Drive to US 36.