Food Tax Rebate Program
The 2015 Food Tax Rebate Program application period is now closed.
Program Information for 2016
The City of Boulder provides rebates to lower-income residents for the city sales tax they pay on food. Those eligible for the program include low-income seniors aged 62 or older for the entire 2015 calendar year; low-income persons with disabilities; and low-income families with children under 18 years of age in the household for the entire 2015 calendar year. All applicants must have been Boulder residents for the full 2015 calendar year. Those seeking a rebate must fill out an application documenting their eligibility.
The application period for 2016 will open on March 1, 2016.
Applicants from 2015 for the 2016 rebate will automatically receive an application in the mail on or after March 1, 2016.
The 2016 rebate amounts will be available as of March 1, 2016
Who qualifies for the rebate?
- Low-income seniors age 62 or older for the entire 2015 calendar year;
- Low-income disabled Individuals;
- Low-income families with at least one child under the age of 18 for the entire 2015 calendar year.
What documentation must be provided?
You must provide proof of:
- Residency - you must have resided in the city of Boulder for the entire 2015 calendar year;
- Income - you must meet the following income guidelines below (to be updated to 2015);
- Immigration/Citizenship Status - you must fill out the Immigration Affidavit/ Affidavit of Legal Residency form.
2015 Income limits (will be updated in March, 2016):
|Income Limits||$0- $33,650||$33,651 - $38,450||$38,451 - $43,250||$43,251 - $48,050||$48,051 - $51,900||$51,901 - $55,750||$55,751 - $59,600||$59,601 - $63,450|
For more information, call the Food Tax Rebate Program Manager at 303-441-1836.