Food Tax Rebate Program
Program Information for 2015
The City of Boulder provides rebates to lower-income residents for the city sales tax they pay on food. Those eligible for the program include low-income seniors aged 62 or older for the entire 2014 calendar year; low-income persons with disabilities; and low-income families with children under 18 years of age in the household for the entire 2014 calendar year. All applicants must have been Boulder residents for the full 2014 calendar year. Those seeking a rebate must fill out an application documenting their eligibility.
Applications can be picked up starting March 2, 2015 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the West Senior Center, 909 Arapahoe Ave., or can be downloaded from the link on the right-hand side of this page (available after March 2, 2015).
Applicants from 2014 for the 2015 rebate will automatically receive an application in the mail.
Applications must be dropped off no later than 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at the West Senior Center, 909 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO 80302 or postmarked by Tuesday, June 30, 2015.
The new rebate amounts are $77 for qualifying individuals and $236 per qualifying family.
Who qualifies for the rebate?
- Low-income seniors age 62 or older for the entire 2015 calendar year;
- Low-income disabled Individuals;
- Low-income families with at least one child under the age of 18 for the entire 2014 calendar year.
What documentation must be provided?
You must provide proof of:
- Residency - you must have resided in the city of Boulder for the entire 2014 calendar year;
- Income - you must meet the following income guidelines below (to be updated to 2014);
- Immigration/Citizenship Status - you must fill out the Immigration Affidavit/ Affidavit of Legal Residency form.
2014 Income limits:
|Income Limits||$0- $33,650||$33,651 - $38,450||$38,451 - $43,250||$43,251 - $48,050||$48,051 - $51,900||$51,901 - $55,750||$55,751 - $59,600||$59,601 - $63,450|
For more information, call the Food Tax Rebate Program Manager at 303-441-1836.