Food Tax Rebate Program
Program Information for 2014
The City of Boulder provides rebates to lower-income residents for the city sales tax they pay on food. Those eligible for the program include low-income seniors aged 62 or older for the entire 2013 calendar year; low-income persons with disabilities; and low-income families with children under 18 years of age in the household for the entire calendar year. All applicants must have been Boulder residents for the full 2013 calendar year. Those seeking a rebate must fill out an application documenting their eligibility.
Applications can be picked up starting March 1, 2014 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the West Senior Center, 909 Arapahoe Ave., or can be downloaded from the link on the right-hand side of this page.
Applicants from 2013 for the 2014 rebate will automatically receive an application in the mail.
Applications must be dropped off no later than 4 p.m. Monday, June 30 at the West Senior Center, 909 Arapahoe Ave., Boulder, CO 80302 or postmarked by Monday, June 30, 2014.
The new rebate amounts are $75 for qualifying individuals and $231 per qualifying family.
Who qualifies for the rebate?
- Seniors 62 or older for the entire year of 2013
- Disabled Individuals
- Families with at least one child under the age of 18 for the entire year of 2013
What documentation must be provided?
You must provide proof of:
- Residency - you must have resided in the city of Boulder for the entire year of 2013
- Income - you must meet the following income guidelines
- Immigration/Citizenship Status - you must fill out the Immigration Affidavit/ Affidavit of Legal Residency form
|Income Limits||$0- $33,650||$33,651 - $38,450||$38,451 - $43,250||$43,251 - $48,050||$48,051 - $51,900||$51,901 - $55,750||$55,751 - $59,600||$59,601 - $63,450|
For more information, call the Food Tax Rebate Program Manager at 303-441-1836.