Grow and Give Boulder/Boulder County
Fight Local Food Insecurity From Your Garden
According to Feeding America, one in 11 of our neighbors in Boulder County struggles with hunger — including more than 6,000 children.
But you can help change that number: this year, pledge to give a portion of your garden’s harvest to local food pantries through the Grow and Give program in Boulder and Boulder County!
In collaboration with CSU Extension and various local organizations, the City of Boulder invites both new and experienced growers to participate in this modern victory garden project. Our goal is to recruit 500 gardens in Boulder County to donate 2,500 pounds of fresh produce by the end of the growing season.
Whether you’re a learning or longtime gardener, tend a community plot or backyard garden, or wish to donate all or just a row of your harvest, your donations of fresh, locally grown food make a difference to help feed local Boulderites in need.
How to Grow and Give
- Sign up to grow and give.
- Grow your garden! Get tips on how to grow food.
- When you’re ready to donate a portion of your garden’s harvest, weigh it and report how much you’re donating.
- Drop off your donation at the nearest hunger relief organization (or the organization of your choice) on this list.
- Spread the word on social! Take a photo of your growing garden or harvest donation, share it on social media, and use the hashtag #growandgiveboulder to say why you’re growing to give. Tag the organization you’re supporting to make it even more impactful.
For the 2020 season, Boulder and Boulder County residents had 155 participating gardens, harvesting 4,846 pounds of produce for neighbors in need!
Download the Fresh Food Connect App
Do you live in Boulder (zip codes 80301, 80302, 80303, 80304 and 80305) or Longmont (80501, 80503 and 80504)? Download the Fresh Food Connect app on your phone, and see how easy it can be to donate food fresh from your garden to help community members experiencing food insecurity.
Thanks to the organizations that are partnering in support of Grow and Give Boulder/Boulder County:
1101 Arapahoe Ave.
Boulder, CO 80302