Beverage Licensing Authority
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 16, 2021, at 3:00 P.M.
VIRTUAL HEARING DURING CITY EMERGENCY CLOSURE
VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO MEETING FOR ACCESS:
- Agenda Item:
- Instructions for virtual hearing and rules of decorum;
- Member roll call;
- Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from May 19, 2021 hearing;
- Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk.
- Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
- Matters from the Responsible Association of Retailers (RAR).
- General Public Comments for Future Beverage Licensing Authority Hearings. All Special Event Liquor Permit Application Public Hearings will be held at a BLA Special Virtual Hearing, Thursday, June 17th at 12:00 PM
- Mateo, LLC d/b/a Mateo, 1837 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80302 – Monthly status report to the BLA.
- Quarterly report from RHH Operating, LLC d/b/a Millennium Harvest House, 1345 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80302 regarding progress toward compliance to obtain all required State, County and City permits for the Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license (per the BLA request at the November 18, 2020 BLA Renewal Hearing).
- Public hearing and consideration of an application filed on February 5, 2021 from Ritz Bros, Inc. d/b/a The Sink, 1165 13th Street, Boulder, CO 80302; Ritz Bros, Inc. with Mark Heinritz, President and Registered Manager, Christopher Heinritz, Secretary and Treasurer, and with a premise business mailing address, for an officer and ownership change application to add Tell Jones as a proposed stockholder.
- Public hearing and consideration of an application filed on February 11, 2021 from The Kitchen Café LLC d/b/a Next Door American Eatery, 1035 Pearl Street, Unit 100-102C, Boulder, CO 80302; The Kitchen Café LLC with Kimbal Musk, Managing Member, and Hugo Matheson, Managing Member, and with a business mailing address of 1601 Pearl Street, Suite 200, Boulder, CO 80302, for a registered manager change application to add Jeffrey Foster as the proposed registered manager.
- Public hearing and consideration of an application filed on March 24, 2021 from Snooze BoCo, LLC d/b/a Snooze, 1617 Pearl Street, Unit 100, Boulder CO 80302; David Birzon, CEO, Adam Schlegel, Managing Member, Jon Schlegel, Managing Member, and Kellie Knotts, Registered Manager, with a business mailing address of 3001 Brighton Boulevard, Suite 303, Denver, CO 80216, for a Permanent Modification of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
- Public hearing and consideration of an application filed on April 13, 2021 from Greenwood and Meyers Funeral Service, LLC d/b/a Greenwood and Meyers Mortuary, 2969 Baseline Road, Boulder CO 80303; Michael P. Greenwood, Owner, and Michael J. Greenwood, Owner, with a premise business mailing address, for a New Beer & Wine type liquor license.
- Public hearing and consideration of an application filed on April 22, 2021 from 7E CO 2, LLC & 7-Eleven, Inc. d/b/a 7-Eleven Store 35069C, 1091 13th Street, Boulder CO 80302; 7E CO2, LLC (Franchisee LLC) with Kenneth Monfort and Alon Mor as its Managers and with 7E CO Holdings, LLC as 100% owner of Franchisee LLC with Kenneth Monfort and Alon Mor as its underlying Members, and with 7-Eleven, Inc. (Franchisor Corp) 100% owned by SEJ Asset Management & Investment Company and with Joseph DePinto as President, CEO and Director, Rankin Gasaway as Senior Vice President, Secretary and General Counsel, and with Stanley Reynolds, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Franchisor Corp, with a business mailing address of P. O. Box 219088, Dallas, TX 75221, for a Permanent Modification of a Fermented Malt Beverage Off-Premise type liquor license.
All Special Event Liquor Permit Application Public Hearings will be held at a BLA Special Virtual Hearing, Thursday, June 17th at 12:00 PM
- Matters from Assistant City Attorney
- Matters from the Licensing Clerk
- Expected Administrative Processing of Liquor License Transfer Applications – None for June 2021
- Processing of special event liquor permits & temporary modifications to expand outdoor dining areas: Staff update and modification applications list to be provided
- Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room – None for June 2021
- BLA annual retreat planning in first half of July, 2021
- City Liquor Licensing Emergency Rules- set to expire on July 1, 2021, including 100 letter for petitioning mailing, waiver of 45 day pre-file for renewals, transfer application expediting, and e-training acceptance
- Informational items
- Liquor License Renewals Sent List - September 2021 Expirations
- LED Email 5.7.2021 - LED - 2021 Liquor Rules Working Group Member Announcement
- LED Email 5.7.2021 - LED - 2021 Liquor Rules Working Group Member Announcement (Update)
- LED Email 5.7.2021 - 2021 Investigator Training 5/10/21
- LED Email 5.27.2021 - LED - 2021 Tobacco Fee Institution 5/24/21
- Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
For information or to request to make comment for the public hearings, call (303)441-4192. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed via email at [email protected] or by mail to the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado. Please note that mail is only received once per week due to the COVID-19 city building closures so email is strongly suggested for timely receipt for submission to the Beverage Licensing Authority.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Amended on Wednesday, June 7, 2021
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Manager, CMC
Original Agenda Published on Sunday, June 6, 2021, in the Daily Camera newspaper