Beverage Licensing Authority
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 17, 2019, 3:00 P.M.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING – 2ND FLOOR
1777 BROADWAY, BOULDER, COLORADO
1. Agenda Item:
i. Member roll call;
ii. Election of BLA Chair and Vice Chair;
iii. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from March 20, 2019 hearing;
iv. Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk.
2. Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
3. Matters from the Responsible Association of Retailers (RAR).
4. Discussion of possible special hearing dates for The Sink show cause hearing.
5. Show Cause hearing concerning a December 20, 2018 violation and whether the Brew Pub type liquor license held by Pearl LLC d/b/a West Flanders Brewing Company, 1125 Pearl St, Boulder, CO 80302, should be suspended or revoked.
6. Public hearing and consideration of a March 11, 2019 application from Kimi Corp d/b/a Bottles, 2520 Arapahoe Ave, Boulder, CO 80302; Kimberly Singh, Owner; with a business mailing address of 6873 Fairview Drive, Boulder, CO 80303, for a renewal of a Retail Liquor Store type liquor license.
7. Public hearing and consideration of a March 21, 2019 application from SREIT HP Boulder Opco, LLC d/b/a Hyatt Place Boulder, 2280 Junction Place, Boulder CO 80301; SREIT HP Boulder Opco, LLC, Licensee LLC with Ruby Huang as Officer and Senior Vice President, SREIT TRS HotelCo, LLC as 100% 1st underlying Owner with John McCarthy as CEO, SREIT TRS MasterCO, LLC as 100% 2nd underlying owner with John McCarthy as CEO, Starwood REIT Operating Partnership LP as 100% 3rd underlying owner also with John McCarthy as CEO, and with Starwood Real Estate Income Trust as 100% 4th underlying owner which is publicly held and traded, and no other owners with over a 10% interest, John McCarthy as CEO, President, and Director, Christopher Graham as Director, Mark Deason as Director, and Barry Sternlicht as Director, and with Schulte Catering Boulder, LLC, as Management Company with Susan Schulte, Managing Member and Sole Member, and with Monica Pitt, Proposed Hotel Registered Manager, and with a business mailing address of 591 Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830, for a transfer of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license
8. Matters from the Assistant City Attorney
9. Matters from the Licensing Clerk
a. Neighborhood boundary setting for applications for May 15, 2019 BLA hearing:
i. MCSquared, LLC d/b/a Colorado Multisport for a New Beer & Wine type liquor license at 2480 Canyon Boulevard, Suite M-2, Boulder CO 80302.
ii. SJ Inc and 7-Eleven Inc d/b/a 7-Eleven Store 13164A for a Permanent Modification of a Fermented Malt Beverage Off-Premise type liquor license at 2605 Valmont Road, Boulder, CO 80304.
iii. Lantz, LLC d/b/a R Gallery for a New Art Gallery Permit type liquor license at 2027 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80302.
b. Expected Administrative Processing of Liquor License Transfer Applications - None for April
c. Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room - None for April
d. Informational items
i. April Special Events and Temporary Modifications
ii. April Liquor License renewal mailing lists
iii. LED March 27, 2019 Email – LED Announces New Online License Information Search Tool
iv. LED March 29, 2019 Email – Liquor Enforcement Division – Law and Rules Clarification
v. LED March 29, 2019 Email – Liquor Enforcement Division – Bulletin 19-03 - Sidewalk Service Area
vi. LED March 29, 2019 Email – Liquor Enforcement Division – Rules Effective March 30, 2019, and 2018 Adopted Liquor Rules, and January 1, 2019 Emergency Rules
10. Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
i. Discussion of BLA Retreat hearing dates and any current agenda items.
For information, call (303) 441-3010. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed at the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Final on Wednesday, April 3, 2019
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Administrator, CMC
Published on Sunday, April 7, 2019, in the Daily Camera newspaper