Beverage Licensing Authority
Beverage Licensing Authority Hearing - Wednesday, May 15, 2019, 3:00 PM, Council Chambers, Municipal Building – 2nd Floor, 1777 Broadway, Boulder, Colorado
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2019, 3:00 P.M.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING – 2ND FLOOR
1777 BROADWAY, BOULDER, COLORADO
1. Agenda Item:
i. Member roll call;
ii. Discussion about April 13, 2019 Email from Member Lundgren regarding the BLA Seat;
iii. Election of BLA Chair and Vice Chair;
iv. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from April 17, 2019 hearing;
v. Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk.
2. Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
3. Matters from the Responsible Association of Retailers (RAR).
4. Discussion about RAR and whether it should be considered a mitigating factor on the BLA Penalty Guidelines.
5. Public hearing and consideration of a January 30, 2019 application from Qdoba Restaurant Corporation d/b/a Qdoba Mexican Eats, 1625 28th Street, Boulder, CO 80301; Qdoba Restaurant Corporation, 100 % Owner, with Bruce Vermilyea, President, Treasurer and Director, with Michael Snider, Vice President and Secretary, and with Maria Melina Santana, Proposed Registered Manager; with a business mailing address of 9330 Balboa Avenue, San Diego, CA 92123, to address the Report of Changes – Registered Manager for a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
6. Public hearing and consideration of a March 6, 2019 application from MCSquared, LLC d/b/a Colorado Multisport, 2480 Canyon Boulevard, Suite M-2, Boulder CO 80302; Michael Stone, Owner and Manager, with a premise business mailing address, for a New Beer & Wine type liquor license.
7. Public hearing and consideration of a March 18, 2019 application from SJ Inc and 7-Eleven Inc d/b/a 7-Eleven #13164A, 2605 Valmont Road, Boulder, CO 80304; SJ Inc and 7-Eleven Inc. as joint applicants, with Song Jang, Owner of Franchisee, SJ Inc. and Store Manager, and with three directors and officers for joint applicant 7-Eleven, Inc. as follows: Joseph DePinto, Director, President, and CEO, David Fenton, Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, and Stanley Reynolds, Senior Vice President and CFO; with a business mailing address of PO Box 219088, Dallas, TX 75221, for a Permanent Modification of a Fermented Malt Beverages Off-Premises type liquor license.
8. Public hearing and consideration of a March 18, 2019 application from Lantz, LLC d/b/a R Gallery, 2027 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80302; Robert Lantz, Owner; with a premise business mailing address, for a New Art Gallery Permit type liquor license.
9. Public hearing and consideration of an April 9, 2019 application from AOI Company d/b/a Aoi Sushi and Izakaya, 3303 30th Street, Boulder, CO 80301; Keizo Aoi, Owner and Manager; with a business mailing address of 1110 Balmora, Lafayette, CO 80026, for a transfer of a Beer and Wine type liquor license.
10. Matters from the Senior Counsel
11. Matters from the Licensing Clerk
a. Neighborhood boundary setting for applications for June 19, 2019 BLA hearing:
i. AOI Company d/b/a Aoi Sushi and Izakaya for a Change in Class to a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license at 3303 30th Street, Boulder, CO 80301.
ii. Avanti Boulder, LLC d/b/a Avanti F&B/ Avanti Food and Beverage for a New Tavern type liquor license at 1401 Pearl Street, Units 100 and 400, Boulder CO 80302.
iii. Circle K Stores Inc d/b/a Circle K Store 2709851 for a Permanent Modification of a Fermented Malt Beverage Off-Premise type liquor license at 1480 Canyon Boulevard, Boulder, CO 80302.
iv. CST Metro LLC d/b/a Circle K Store #2741110 for a Permanent Modification of a Fermented Malt Beverage Off-Premise type liquor license at 2995 30th Street, Boulder, CO 80302.
v. White Road, LLC d/b/a Strade Bianche Cafe for a New Beer and Wine type liquor license at 1739 Pearl Street, Boulder CO 80302.
b. Expected Administrative Processing of Liquor License Transfer Applications:
i. April 16, 2019 application from Mojo Kitchen, LLC d/b/a Mojo Taqueria (f/k/a Lunetta Italian), 2785 Iris Avenue, Boulder CO 80304; Michael Hammes, Owner, and Erika Anderson, Proposed Registered Manager; with a business mailing address of PO Box 1010, Lyons, CO 80540, for a transfer of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
c. Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room - None for May
d. Informational items
i. May Special Events and Temporary Modifications
ii. May Liquor License renewal mailing lists
iii. LED April 16, 2019 Email – Liquor Enforcement Division – Open Positions on the Colorado Task Force on Drunk and Impaired Driving
iv. LED April 19, 2019 Email – Liquor Enforcement Division – Liquor Rules Working Group
v. LED April 26, 2019 Email – Liquor Enforcement Division – Bulletin 19-04 - Guidance From The Department Of Revenue
12. Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
For information, call (303) 441-3010. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed at the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Final on Wednesday, May 1, 2019
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Administrator, CMC
Published on Sunday, May 5, 2019, in the Daily Camera newspaper