Beverage Licensing Authority
Beverage Licensing Authority, Wednesday, July 17, 2019, 3:00 PM, Council Chambers, Municipal Building – 2nd Floor, 1777 Broadway, Boulder, Colorado
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17, 2019, 3:00 P.M.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING – 2ND FLOOR
1777 BROADWAY, BOULDER, COLORADO
1. Agenda Item:
i. Member roll call;
ii. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from June 19, 2019 hearing;
iii. Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk.
2. Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
3. Matters from the Responsible Association of Retailers (RAR).
4. General Public Comments for Beverage Licensing Authority.
5. Public hearing and Rulemaking consideration of the following changes to BLA rules and requirements:
i) in BLA Rule of Procedure, Section 3-6, Training Requirements, to reduce the allowable time for state approved in-person training in a state approved alcohol service class of alcohol servers from the current 90 days to 60 days, and
ii) to add to the checklist of required documents a requirement for written alcohol service policies and to add a question as question 20 (and to renumber current question 20 as 21) to the City of Boulder Liquor License Application city license application to solicit provision of written alcohol service policies (with mention of RAR as a resource).
6. Public hearing and consideration of a May 6, 2019 application from The Last Hurrah, LLC d/b/a SKO Lounge, 1325 Broadway, Unit 2, Boulder, CO 80302; Jamieson St. John, Owner and Registered Manager and Robert Mess, Owner, for a renewal of a Hotel -Restaurant type liquor license.
7. Public hearing and consideration of a May 8, 2019 application from Zoe Zen, Inc. d/b/a Zoe Ma Ma, 2010 10th Street, Boulder, CO 80302; Edwin Zoe, President and Manager, for a renewal of a Beer and Wine type liquor license.
8. Public hearing and consideration of a May 14, 2019 application from OBP Restaurants, Inc. d/b/a Oregano’s Pizza Bistro, 2690 Baseline Road, Boulder, CO 80305; OBP Restaurants, Inc., 100% Owner with Frank. B. Sbordone, Jr. as CEO, Mark. S. Russell as Chairman of the Board and Lisa A. Mazzocchi as Assistant Treasurer, with Oregano’s Holdings, Inc. as 1st underlying Owner and 100 % Shareholder of Oregano’s Pizza Bistro, Inc. as 2nd underlying Owner of and 100% Shareholder; Frank B. Sbordone, Jr.-President, Secretary and Treasurer and Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer ; Mark S. Russell-Executive Chairman and CEO and President ; Lisa A. Mazzocchi-Assistant Treasurer and ; with Jeffrey Mayger, Proposed Registered Manager, with a business mailing address of 8600 N. Hayden Road, #A207, Scottsdale, AZ, 85258, for a New Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
9. Public hearing and consideration of a May 16, 2019 application from Circle K Stores Inc. d/b/a Circle K Store #2709865, 2877 Baseline Road, Boulder, CO 80303; Geoffrey Haxel, President, Secretary and Director, Kathy Cunnington, Treasurer, VP and Director, Dennis Tewell, Senior VP, Kim Kwiatkowski, Assistant Secretary, Darrel Davis, Senior VP and Director, Mark Tate, VP, Monica Huron, Assistant Secretary, and Sony Shrestha, Store Manager, with a business mailing address of P.O. Box 690007, San Antonio, TX 78269, for a Permanent Modification of a Fermented Malt Beverage Off-Premise type liquor license.
10. Public hearing and consideration of a May 21, 2019 application from Stash Enterprises, LLC d/b/a Southern Sun Pub & Brewery, 627 S. Broadway, Unit E, Boulder CO 80305; Kevin Daly, LLC Manager and underlying co-owner, Paul Nashak, LLC Manager and underlying co-owner, Thomas Daly, LLC Manager and underlying co-owner, Easy Tiger Enterprises LLC, 33.3% Member with Timothy McMurray as underlying LLC co-owner, Blackford & Daly Enterprises, Inc., 33.3% Member, and Daly & Daly Enterprises LLC, 33.3% Member, and Michael Absalom, Registered Manager, with a business mailing address of 1535 Pearl ST., Boulder, CO 80302, for a Permanent Modification of a Brew Pub type liquor license.
11. Matters from the Senior Counsel
12. Matters from the Licensing Clerk
Administrative Approval of a Permanent Modification to Reduce the Liquor Licensed Premise of a Fermented Malt Beverage Off Premise Type Liquor License held by Whole Foods Market Rocky Mountain/Southwest LP d/b/a Whole Foods Market, 2905 Pearl Street, Boulder CO 80301
a. Neighborhood boundary setting for applications for August 21, 2019 BLA hearing:
i. If needed per BLA’s determination: Larkburger of Colorado LLC d/b/a Larkburger for a change of location from Unit 006 to new Unit H2-B at 2525 Arapahoe Avenue, Boulder, CO 80302 of a Beer and Wine type liquor license.
ii. Whole Foods Market Rocky Mountain/Southwest LP d/b/a Whole Foods Taproom for a New Fermented Malt Beverage On-Premise type liquor license at 2905 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80301.
b. Expected Administrative Processing of Liquor License Transfer Applications: -None for July
c. Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room - None for July
d. Informational items
i. July Special Events and Temporary Modifications
ii. July Liquor License renewal mailing lists
iii. LED June 20, 2019 Email - Liquor Rules Working Group Meeting #3-6/24/19
iv. LED June 22, 2019 Email - 2019 Liquor Rules Working Group Meeting #3-6/24/19 Agenda/Draft Rules
v. LED June 25, 2019 Email - 2019 Liquor Rules Working Group Updated Schedule/Agenda
vi. LED June 28, 2019 Email - 2019 Notice of Rulemaking - Value of Labor
vii. LED June 28, 2019 Email - 2019 Liquor Rules Working Group Meeting Cancellation Reminder
13. Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
For information, call (303) 441-3010. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed at the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Final on Tuesday, July 2, 2019
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Administrator, CMC
Published on Sunday, July 7, 2019, in the Daily Camera newspaper