Beverage Licensing Authority
Beverage Licensing Authority, Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 3:00 PM, Council Chambers, Municipal Building – 2nd Floor, 1777 Broadway, Boulder, Colorado
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 2019, 3:00 P.M.
MUNICIPAL BUILDING – 2ND FLOOR
1777 BROADWAY, BOULDER, COLORADO
1. Agenda Item:
i. Member roll call;
ii. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from August 21, 2019 hearing;
iii. Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from October 16, 2019 hearing;
iv. Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk.
2. Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
3. Matters from the Responsible Association of Retailers (RAR).
4. General Public Comments for the Beverage Licensing Authority.
5. Show Cause hearing concerning an August 27, 2019 violation and whether the Fermented Malt Beverage Off-Premises type liquor license held by PDQ Development, Inc. d/b/a PDQ Gas and Food, 5200 Manhattan Circle, Boulder, CO 80303, should be suspended or revoked.
6. Public hearing and continued consideration of a September 10, 2019 application from Kafe Urban, LLC d/b/a Aperitivo, 5530 Spine Road, Boulder, CO 80301; Edward Vanegas, Owner and Registered Manager, with a premise business mailing address, for a renewal of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
7. Public hearing and consideration of a September 16, 2019 application from Success Foods Management Group, LLC d/b/a Torchy's Tacos, 2805 Pearl Street, Unit 5A, Boulder, CO 80301; Success Foods Management Group, LLC , with Torchy’s Intermediate Holdings LLC as Sole Member of SFMG LLC, and with Torchy’s Holdings LLC as Sole Member of TIH LLC, and with RAWK Holdings LLC as Majority Owner of TH LLC, and with General Atlantic (TT), LLC as Minority Owner of TH LLC, and with no other members with over 10% ownership interest; Michael Rypka as Founder and Chairman of SFMG LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Alfonso Angelone, Projects Officer and Board of Managers of SFMG LLC, and Trustee of Angelone Trust as Member of RAWKH LLC, Farrell Kubena, Chief Development Officer of SFMG LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Rebecca Kubena, Chief Administrative Officer of SFMG LLC and TIH LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Jason Wald, Chief Innovation Officer of SFMG LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Andrew Crawford, Board of Managers of TH LLC, Stephen Joseph, Board of Managers of TH LLC, Todd Diener, Board of Managers of TH LLC, Christopher Lanning, Managing Director and Designated Principal Person of GATT LLC, and with Chad Juencke, Proposed Registered Manager, with a business mailing address of 4501 Springdale Road, Austin, TX 78723, for a New Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
8. Requested Public Hearing and Deliberation whether there is Good Cause for a time extension for the Change of Location application of a Beer and Wine type liquor license from Larkburger of Colorado, LLC d/b/a Larkburger at 2525 Arapahoe Avenue, Unit H2-B, Boulder, CO 80302, that was locally approved at the August 21, 2019 BLA Hearing.
9. Matters from the Senior Counsel
10. Matters from the Licensing Clerk
a. Neighborhood boundary setting for applications for December 18, 2019 BLA hearing and/or discussion:
i. Coma, LLC d/b/a Coma Mexican Grill for a New Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license at 4800 Baseline Rd, Unit E-105, Boulder, CO 80303.
b. Expected Administrative Processing of Liquor License Transfer Applications - None for November
c. Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room - None for November
d. Informational items
i. November Special Events and Temporary Modifications
ii. November Liquor License renewal mailing list
iii. LED Email – 10/7/2019 – LED – Bulletin 19-06 Tax Check Authorization, Waiver and Request to Release Information form
iv. LED Email – 10/31/2019 – LED Industry Bulletin 19-07 - Executive Order Implementing Digital Personal Identification Technology
11. Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
i. Annual discussion by BLA for recommended 2020 City Council goals.
For information, call (303) 441-3010. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed at the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Final on Wednesday November 6, 2019
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Administrator, CMC
Published on Sunday, November 10, 2019, in the Daily Camera newspaper