Beverage Licensing Authority Hearing
P U B L I C N O T I C E
CITY OF BOULDER
BEVERAGE LICENSING AUTHORITY H E A R I N G
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2021, at 3:00 P.M.
VIRTUAL HEARING DURING CITY EMERGENCY CLOSURE
VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO MEETING FOR ACCESS:
- Agenda Item:
- Instructions for virtual hearing and rules of decorum;
- Member roll call;
- Approval of Beverage Licensing Authority (BLA) minutes from December 16, 2020 hearing;
- Hearing agenda issues from licensing clerk
- Matters from the Boulder Police Department.
- Matters from the Responsible Association of Retailers (RAR).
- General Public Comments for the Beverage Licensing Authority.
- Show Cause hearing concerning violations occurring between June 18, 2020 and September 16, 2020, and whether the Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license held by Eat at Home, LLC d/b/a River and Woods, 2328 Pearl Street, Boulder, CO 80302, should be suspended or revoked.
- Public hearing and consideration of an application filed on November 6, 2020 from Little Tibet Restaurant d/b/a Little Tibet Restaurant, 4479 N Broadway, Boulder CO 80302; Jampa Dothar, Owner and Registered Manager, with a business mailing address of 620 Redstone DR Broomfield, CO 80020, for a renewal of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
- Public hearing and consideration of an application filed on December 3, 2020 from Success Foods Management Group LLC d/b/a Torchy's Tacos, 2805 Pearl Street, Unit 5A, Boulder, CO 80301; Success Foods Management Group, LLC , with Torchy’s Intermediate Holdings LLC as Sole Member of SFMG LLC, and with Torchy’s Holdings LLC as Sole Member of TIH LLC, and with RAWK Holdings LLC as Majority Owner of TH LLC, and with General Atlantic (TT), LLC as Minority Owner of TH LLC, and with no other members with over 10% ownership interest; Michael Rypka as Founder and Chairman of SFMG LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Alfonso Angelone, Projects Officer and Board of Managers of SFMG LLC, and Trustee of Angelone Trust as Member of RAWKH LLC, Farrell Kubena, Chief Development Officer of SFMG LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Rebecca Kubena, Chief Administrative Officer of SFMG LLC and TIH LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Jason Wald, Chief Innovation Officer of SFMG LLC, Board of Managers of TH LLC, and Member of RAWKH LLC, Andrew Crawford, Board of Managers of TH LLC, Stephen Joseph, Board of Managers of TH LLC, Todd Diener, Board of Managers of TH LLC, Christopher Lanning, Managing Director and Designated Principal Person of GATT LLC, and with Chad Juencke, Registered Manager, with a business mailing address of 4501 Springdale Road, Austin, TX 78723, for a renewal of a Hotel-Restaurant type liquor license.
- Public hearing and continued consideration of an application initiated on October 26, 2020 from Nails Bar & Lashes LLC, d/b/a Nails Bar & Lashes LLC, 2850 Baseline Road, Suite A-3, Boulder, CO 80303; Jenny Nguyen, Owner, with a premises business mailing address, for a New Beer and Wine type liquor license.
- Matters from Senior Counsel
- Matters from the Licensing Clerk
- Expected Administrative Processing of Liquor License Transfer Applications – None for January 2021
- Processing of temporary modifications to expand outdoor dining areas: Staff update and modification applications list to be provided
- Breweries, Wineries, and Distilleries requests for local licensing authority input on Application for Colorado Liquor Sales Room –None for January 2021
- Informational items
- Liquor License Renewals Sent - April 2021 Expirations
- 2021 Boards & Commissions Recruitment Flyer
- KGNU letter to all BLA members
- Email to Chair Lundgren - 1.4.2021 - FW_ Pre-Retreat Study Session & Letters to Council
- Rules extending BLA rules of procedure changes to 7.1.2021 CFO final signed
- LED Email - 12.14.2020 - Public Health Guidance
- LED Email - 12.15.2020 - LED - COVID Holiday Tips Message
- LED Email - 12.18.2020 - LED - FAQ Regarding Application Processing and SB 20B-001
- LED Email - 12.18.2020 - LED - Compliance Alert to Wholesalers
- LED Email - 12.18.2020 - LED - Compliance Alert to Industry - Gratitude and Appreciation
- LED Email - 12.23.2020 - Alcohol Sales and Service Times under Current Public Health Orders
- LED Email - 12.23.2020 - Christmas Day Alcohol Sales
- LED Email - 12.31.2020 - Compliance Alert to Wholesalers
- Matters from the Chair and Members of the Authority
For information or to request to make comment for the public hearings, call (303)441-4192. Any petitions or remonstrances pertaining to the above may be filed via email at [email protected] or by mail to the City of Boulder Finance Department, Sales Tax and Licensing Division, Brenton Building, 1136 Alpine Avenue, Boulder, Colorado. Please note that mail is only received once per week due to the COVID-19 city building closures so email is strongly suggested for timely receipt for submission to the Beverage Licensing Authority.
It is the City of Boulder’s practice to provide more notice than is required by law whenever possible. However, this practice shall not be used to invalidate any action taken with the minimum notice required by state law.
Final on Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Mishawn J. Cook, Licensing Manager, CMC
Published on Sunday, January 10, 2021, in the Daily Camera newspaper