New Online Sales Tax Software
The Sales Tax and Business Licensing Division is beginning a new software implementation project to upgrade its tax and revenue system. The new software, called GenTax, is expected to go-live in February 2020. Please bookmark this page in order to receive updates on the system implementation, opportunities to provide feedback and more.
This new system is built on the same software infrastructure as the State of Colorado’s Revenue Online and will provide an enhanced and improved online taxpayer portal which includes:
- Ability for taxpayers to manage their accounts online,
- Add and remove authorized users,
- File and pay taxes online,
- View and print past tax returns,
- Communicate directly with sales tax and business licensing staff through the customer portal
- And more!
Conversion will result in new account numbers and the need for businesses to register for the new system.
As part of the implementation planning process, Finance staff has been reviewing the revenue code, city manager’s rule regarding business licensing, and other processes related to the administration and collection of sales and use taxes. Staff is recommending several changes to better align with government best practices, the city’s resilience strategy, and the city’s climate commitment. The recommended changes will be presented to City Council on October 22nd 2019.
Confirm your account information
- Mailing address
- Federal ID Number (FEIN)
- Do you use a third party? If so, provide name and address
Talk to your tax preparer
- Plan to transition to online filing
Conversion will result in new account numbers and the need for businesses to register for the new system
- Boulder Online Tax (BOT) is driven by Federal ID Number (FEIN)
- Business owners or Third-Party Tax Preparers (TPPs) must create a new online account in the new system